JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just bought a Glock 19 gen4 (my first gun) and wanted to know what kind of modifications Glock owners do with the most bang for the buck. I really want to get trigger work done but debating wether between a whole fulcrum kit or some kind of spring and connector combine. Whatever you recommend please keep in mind that this is a HD and carry gun not a competition gun, thanks.

The first thing I do to a new Glock is a sight change. A good set of steel sights, whether tritium or not, goes a long way. I also use a 3.5 connector coupled with a NY-1 spring, but I dont know how this would feel on a gen 4. Google "glock 25 cent trigger job" for something you can do yourself. Other than that, I would leave it alone.

The first thing I do to a new Glock is a sight change. A good set of steel sights, whether tritium or not, goes a long way. I also use a 3.5 connector coupled with a NY-1 spring, but I dont know how this would feel on a gen 4. Google "glock 25 cent trigger job" for something you can do yourself. Other than that, I would leave it alone.

First thing I did on my 19 Gen 4 was the 3.5 lb connector made a HUGE difference. I believe the Gen 4's came with an stronger trigger pull than the Gen 3's did.

+1

Shoot it! Best bang for the buck on any gun really.

This is your first handgun?
Shoot it!!

Why do you want to upgrade anything if you've barely even shot it? Go out and put 500 rounds down the tube and wear it in a bit and then decide what you don't like. The possibilities are endless so go find out what you don't like about it first.
Who knows, you might not even like a Glock and may find a M&P shoots better for you. Enjoy the experience without bleeding more cash.

Also, welcome to the wonderful world of firearms ownership. Be safe!

I just did the Ghost trigger,on my gen3 Glock and it is very nice.
Might do the slide release too.Mixed on the aftermarket barrels.Some say it increases velocity and accuracy.And for a buck 30,it's not a big risk to try

Home

If you get involved in a self defense situation and you shoot someone, I don't know if messing with the trigger will be a good idea (I like to hear other comments on that), I love my factory trigger on my G23 and all I did was to polish all the parts with flitz. I also think you should shoot several hundred rounds through the pistol and see how it works out for you. Personally I am all about the "less is more".... there are many parts you can put on your Glock to make it look Tacticool but I think those people have something to prove. Night sights are a good idea but I would personally take a tactical rail mounted light over the night sights but the night sights are nice.... I have both the night sights and a Blackhawk Xiphos light for my G23 Gen4.

Also call the Glock RSA team (google their 1-800 number) and by giving them your serial number they can tell you if you need the newest version of the Recoil Spring Assembly.... my G23 need it but I had already put 500 flawless rounds through it before I replaced the RSA with the new one. There is a difference between the older and the newest spring so I didn't wanna take the chance and popped in the new RSA.

If you get involved in a self defense situation and you shoot someone, I don't know if messing with the trigger will be a good idea (I like to hear other comments on that), I love my factory trigger on my G23 and all I did was to polish all the parts with flitz. I also think you should shoot several hundred rounds through the pistol and see how it works out for you. Personally I am all about the "less is more".... there are many parts you can put on your Glock to make it look Tacticool but I think those people have something to prove. Night sights are a good idea but I would personally take a tactical rail mounted light over the night sights but the night sights are nice.... I have both the night sights and a Blackhawk Xiphos light for my G23 Gen4.

Also call the Glock RSA team (google their 1-800 number) and by giving them your serial number they can tell you if you need the newest version of the Recoil Spring Assembly.... my G23 need it but I had already put 500 flawless rounds through it before I replaced the RSA with the new one. There is a difference between the older and the newest spring so I didn't wanna take the chance and popped in the new RSA.
Thought the recoil spring upgrade was for 9mm only due to failure to extract spent casings? Either way now I have to call on a gun that's never been fired that as I write this is sitting on my night stand, while my trusty S&W4003 tsw is in the safe... good to know mine may need some work

So the $0.25 trigger job didn't do a whole lot just took some of the gritty feeling away from the gun. again I spent as long looking at pictures, finding my metal polish, as it took me to strip the glock down to parts and then a quick few passes on parts that rub and we are good to go, all though after a few hundred rounds I may go and do it again with one of those sanding blocks your girlfriend leaves in the nail salon kit to see if I can get a bit more from the polish job.

Now to Ebay for night sights!

I have put about 600 rounds through my new g19 and the first thing I did after 200 rounds was upgraded the sights to Trijicon night sights. I still can't shoot it half as good as my friends kimber though. Not sure whats wrong but thats why I'm looking into somekind of trigger mod. Do other guys have problems shooting Glocks accurately at first? I know I could always use more practice with it but it's just a little frustrating only hitting a six inch target 5 out of 15 time at only 25yds.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top