JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I used to live in Albany, but that doesn't help you at all.

I had my G21 done and feels like a Hi-cap Para, really nice and I would highly recommend it.

Here is a link to a web site where I had mine done. Yes this is my G21. <broken link removed>

SF-

I had my G27/33 done by Arizona Response Systems,and I bought my G32 with a Robar reduction already done...

G27/33-
G27GripReduction.jpg
G27-33002.jpg

G32-
G32-1.jpg
G32-2.jpg

As you can see,the ARS reduction was more involved,they rounded the trigger guard and inletted the gripframe a bit where the second finger goes,resulting in a slightly lower bore axis in relation to the placement of the hand...Plus the stippling is much more aggressive,definitely necessary on a gun that size in that caliber...

Because I cannot stand the "Glock hump" I never tried the G27/33 with the stock grip,so I can't say whether accuracy changed.I bought the G32 with the grip reduction already done.I actually searched until I found a grip-reduced G32,so I can't help there either,sorry...

Here's mine I just got back from Dale at gripreductions.com

He did an A+++ job with the reduction. Excellent "hybrid" 360 texture, in between carry and tactical, off hand finger frame and underside trigger guard texture and relieving to lower axis of bore, carry beavertail, removal of fingergrooves and hump. It's like a brand new gun, made for me. Now it points like a 1911. It has Ameriglo tactical green front/yellow rear nightsites you can read a newspaper by. Cost? Traded the used P99 for the NIB G23; the sites were $79 with the online discount and the grip job was $170. Now I have the best fitting and looking combat carry weapon I am willing to take into the Northwest's weather.

greduc.jpg

Perhaps I missed the information on the Grip Reductions site but just how much thinner does the grip become? How does it, for example, compare to a 1911?

If by thinner, you mean the index - front to back, the amount of material removed is significant, making even the smaller hands able to emcompass the grip, perhaps even more than a 1911. I now have a slight problem - the fingertips of the right hand now imprint on the palm of my left hand in a Weaver stance due to the reduced circumfrence. With regards to width, it's minimal since all that's done is to melt/retexture the smooth Glock sides.

I think i'm going to send my Glock 19 to dale too. It's going to be my daughter's gun and i think the reduced grip will fit her smaller hands better. drstrangelove is correct the actual width of the grip doesn't really change, but the removal of the glock hump does make a difference. It's like changing the backstraps on a XDM or M&P or other handgun that has the interchangeable backstraps.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top