JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I couldn't see that this had been posted, so ...

Here's a fine example of a LGS standing up for privacy ... and an eye opener for other LGS owners ...

<broken link removed>

Trop Response to Glock Blue Label Program Termination

Trop Gun Shop regrets to inform our customers that we will no longer be participating in the Glock Blue Label program. Effective immediately, Glock terminated us from the program for refusing to furnish access to our customers' private information for the purposes of auditing by Glock employees. While it is regrettable that we will no longer be able to offer the benefits of the Blue Label program here at Trop, we absolutely refuse to compromise the sensitive information of our customers by furnishing it to anyone without proper authority through standard legal practices.

To participate in the Glock Blue Label program a dealer must allow Glock access to audit "qualifying credentials" of its Blue Label customers. Typically these credentials are a form of identification verifying the individual is a member of one of the groups listed in the Blue Label program.

Recently a representative of Glock entered our establishment and demanded access to view our records related to all Blue Label sales, specifically our ATF Form 4473s, which contain very detailed, personal and identifying information of our customers. We refused the Glock representative access to this information.

During repeated correspondence Glock continued to demand access to the 4473s or we would be terminated from the Blue Label program. We attempted to reconcile the situation while maintaining our customers' privacy and made every effort to comply with reasonable requests to audit the Blue Label sales to maintain the integrity of the program. However, Glock insisted that access to the 4473s and only access to the 4473s would be a sufficient level of compliance.

Our position was, and continues to be, that we will not surrender to Glock our Form 4473s and our customers' identifying information under any circumstance. It is an untenable breach of our customers' privacy and Trop Gun Shop will not submit to this unreasonable demand. As a result of our position, Glock immediately terminated our status as an authorized participant of the Blue Label program. Furthermore, Glock advised us that if we ever applied in the future, that request would be denied. While we are displeased that we can no longer support our qualifying customers through the Blue Label program, Trop Gun Shop remains committed to the security and privacy of all of our customers, and continues to offer its Law Enforcement / Military discount to those who qualify.

Regards,

Trop Gun Shop

Trop Gun Shop - Elizabeth Town, PA.

... would be worthwhile to spread this around on other sites ...

I do believe that the people that buy under this program believe that there information is not kept private as there is a limit to how many guns you can buy under this program. How would Glock know if you were buying too many guns if they do not have access to the information. I just always figured that this information was shared so I had no expectation of privacy in this transaction.

Sounds to me Glock is in bed with the government. Why sell to civilians when you can sell to the gov for full MSRP..

Next time you see a bulk contract divide the price of the contract by the number of units the company must produce. You will quickly learn that the government does not purchase arms or munitions at MSRP.

That being said, Glock has always been a weird company with weird policies. This news does not surprise me, and I am glad to see a small business stand up to the corporate man.

Next time you see a bulk contract divide the price of the contract by the number of units the company must produce. You will quickly learn that the government does not purchase arms or munitions at MSRP.

That being said, Glock has always been a weird company with weird policies. This news does not surprise me, and I am glad to see a small business stand up to the corporate man.
Yes and no, granted they'll go for the "cheaper" prices however they still overspend and purchase arms at near MSRP when it comes to certain contracts.
Though in bulk, they arent saving as much at the data shows.
Rifles alone they overpay quite a bit, service pistols wouldnt be an exception, ammunition is probably where they save the most in terms of bulk contracts.

I regularly purchase through Blue Label and will continue to do so. It's silly to me that anyone would expect privacy in a situation like this. Do you think that Glock is any worse than the State?

Also, they extend that program with parameters, one of which is one person can only purchase two handguns in a calender year. How else would they monitor that. It's their program, they can do as they please I suppose.

Kudos to the shop for sticking to their principles on this, but if Keiths did that for example, I'd no longer have a reason to go all the way out there as much.....

I regularly purchase through Blue Label and will continue to do so. It's silly to me that anyone would expect privacy in a situation like this. Do you think that Glock is any worse than the State?

Also, they extend that program with parameters, one of which is one person can only purchase two handguns in a calender year. How else would they monitor that. It's their program, they can do as they please I suppose.

Kudos to the shop for sticking to their principles on this, but if Keiths did that for example, I'd no longer have a reason to go all the way out there as much.....

I certainly don't expect the information that I put on the 4473 to be shared with anyone without my permission. I don't think that's silly and I don't think it's trivial. It is way out of line. If you're OK with it that's your business but don't expect me to be happy about it. Frankly, if I hear about any business sharing my private information with anyone other than a Fed with a warrant, there's going to be an issue. And I can live without a Glock easily enough.

If you think for a second it doesn't already happen, daily, you need to reevaluate. Your information is out there the second you slide that paper over.

It's 2015, do people really still believe there is such a thing as private information when you put it on paper, run your card, fill out a 4473 etc. The only private information that exists these days are the thoughts in your head.

Last year I was able to buy three blue label Glocks from a dealer..... I should be spanked lol. I just picked up two last weekend.
I would appreciate it if my info was only shared with the feds with warrant but I don't even trust the ATF... and since I know of the lovely NSA, I'm numb to it all and I understand the word privacy is a myth. The only privacy I have is when I'm in the restroom dropping the kids off at the pool.

I never put my SS number on any document for just this reason. I do wonder if the 4473 isn't just a starting point to gather information on you. Once they get the 4473 info they can find out about all anyone would want to know. Facebook , twitter pretty much all your social accounts. So why would a gun company want all your information?

I don't think I will ever buy a new glock, I like some privacy.

The only people who can participate in thi program are:
  • Sworn Law Enforcement officers, including Federal, State, County, & City (Includes retired L.E. officers with "retired" credentials)
  • EMT's, Fire Fighters, Volunteer Fire Fighters, and Paramedics
  • Military personnel including Reservists and National Guard with I.D. (Includes retired Military with "retired" credentials)
  • Corrections Officers, including Parole and Probation Officers
  • State Licensed Security Companies (Loomis, RAM, etc.)
  • Court Judges, District Attorneys and Deputy District Attorneys
  • LE Academy Cadets with enrollment documentation from the Academy
So if you are worried about Glock keeping track of your purchases, chances are there is a lot more info on you that you don't know about out there:s0144:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top