JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been thinking of picking up a 2+ Mag extension for my new Glock 43 and seen some with and some without a new spring. Is it necessary to purchase a new spring? I assume it designed to accommodate the extra tension from the 2+ rounds.
Anyone with experience with the G43 extensions?

I use Taran Tactical +2 Base Plates on my 43 with the provided springs. They work great. I wouldn't count on the factory springs with the extensions to feed rounds reliably since it'll be under less tension as you get closer to your last round.

I use Taran Tactical +2 Base Plates on my 43 with the provided springs. They work great. I wouldn't count on the factory springs with the extensions to feed rounds reliably since it'll be under less tension as you get closer to your last round.
Yes, that's what I was thinking. I've seen the Taran stuff. Thanks for feedback

I run exclusively tti plus +1 and +2 on my g43 mags. I have a total of 5 +2 and 3 +1 at this point. I have been using them since before the +2s were issued with the extra power spring.

I have never had an issue with the standard spring and have a guestimate of about 2000 rounds through all the mags combined. All have fed without issue.

However I contacted tti and they sent me the extra power springs for my +2 mag extensions ( if you order any 43 +2 at this point in time it will come with a extra power spring).

I replaced one of my +2s with the extra power spring just to see the difference about 2 months ago. I don't like it because the mag is very difficult to seat properly because of how powerful the spring is. It will seat if you give it a solid whack, so not the end of the world. It runs fine no issues, but I prefer the standar springs.

Either way if you order the tti pads you will have both springs and can experiment.

Here is a very early report that I did on some g43 mags that is not exactly related but has some good info. https://www.northwestfirearms.com/t...lem-solved-tti-base-pads.206122/#post-1327569

I typed this on my phone really fast at work so ignore all grammar and spelling errors.

Also it is not advertised but if you add two of the same type of base pads to your cart. For example two +2s you get something like a 10 dollar discount. Can't remember how much it is exactly but it covers shipping plus a little bit. Also they ship 2 day priority and usually get them out the next day.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top