JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My mom is finding it difficult to rack the slide on a G42. I was suggested to replace the guide rod with a Tungsten guide rod, but she also wants a guide rod laser. Does anyone out there have a G42 with the LaserMax guide rod laser? I'm wondering how the spring compares to the stock one. Does it make the slide any less easier to rack?

Many of the gen 4 Glocks got the double stacked recoil spring like the Gen 3 model 26 and other baby Glocks had.
The 43 also has this dual spring set up.

Don't think there is a guide rod type laser or tungsten/stainless replacement guide rod?

OK. I'm wrong.
It's a Glock. I should have know they made one. :D

Glock Parts for Sale | Best Glock Accessories | GlockStore.com

But I don't believe the spring tension would be any lighter.

I think the slide weight and spring resistance is part of the formula to fire a specific caliber without battering the gun. Or preventing the gun from properly cycling/ejecting.

Sure there is some room in this formula though.

Have you had a competant instructor give a shot at teaching her?

It is 80% technique. I say this from experience. It helps to have someone outside the family try and teach her.

Also, you could try cleaning the gun well and leaving it almost 100% dry, rack in a few hundred times to wear it in and fatigue the recoild spring, then grease it up with some Cherry Balmz and it will be slick as snot.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top