JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm surprised someone from the 1911 fan club hasn't jumped in and told you that you wouldn't have this problem if you ditched the Glock and bought a real gun.

Seems to me its the way the weapon feels. The glock have different triggers compared to most. You might be needing to just adjust your shooting style until your used to it. Zev makes some awesome replacement trigger that improve accuracy and function for glocks. If all else fails try changing it out to see if helps.

You must have a defective Glock, Out of the grace of my heart I will take it off your hands for $400... Kidding

99% of accuracy problems are shooter not firearm. The trigger break on a Glock is significantly different than many other pistols. I would wager if you continue to practice with the Glock it will become apparent what is happening. You simply can't pull the trigger on a Glock the same as other pistols and expect the same result.

I shoot a Glock 17 and 34 as well as a Sig 938. The Glock triggers and the Sig trigger break differently, I have to adjust my trigger pull accordingly.

Unlike my Ruger SR9c which has an invisible break, one will stage the Glock trigger by taking up the slack. Then a decisive trigger pull is made. These triggers are unlike a SA 1911 which can be finessed. I don't know how to compare to a XD or Sig since I never shot those, but try shooting a buddy's Glock and see if yours feels different.

A bit of scratchiness in a Glock trigger is easily fixed by polishing parts or by replacement of parts as noted above. I hate bad triggers and had to do some work on both my 34 and my SR9c before I thought they were acceptable... FWIW I shoot action pistol, not target pistol.

Bad triggers don't bother me much. As long as they repeat! Shoot lots of weapons. Educate your brain and fingers! If the trigger feels the same, time after time, you can shoot it!
Get a new gun? Bench it! Only takes a couple minutes! Then you know from the get go that the pistol or Glock is doing its job. Now you can be Doc Holiday!
1911, need I say more! :)

Last Edited:
Maybe it's just me but the bad trigger herky/jerky dance never seems to be the same twice. Why would anyone tolerate a bad trigger when they are so easy to fix? Would one enjoy driving a car with a chattery clutch that then pops and stutters it's way down the street? Not me!!

Honestly I figured there would be a few people things like that.

Well ok, I hate glock. :D Seriously it is "possible" something is not right with that pistol but unlikely. As mentioned you need to use a rest first. I made one years ago out of an old camera tripod that has collapsible legs. That way can use it on a bench at the indoor. Real simple to make and it will tell you right away with something like this. Assuming you find the pistol is fine then you can move on to how to get on paper better. At least then you know for sure it's not the tool, just how it's being used.

re: "Is this common for a Glock or is there something I'm doing wrong maybe"
a very common question for those of us raised in an era when the earth was flat and dinosaurs roamed the lunch lines....

I've spent a good part of the last 30 years trying to get my own Gl*cks to work as I'd like....and by 'work' I don't mean just 'reliably send huge volumes of ammo in a general direction of latitude/longitude' with little upkeep; I mean 'target accuracy' of something less than the width of possum at 50' from a bench rest.

In part, they have taught me the difference between "target accuracy" and "combat accuracy". One is about 7 large holes about 'minute of peach pit' standing at 30' and the other is a cluster of tiny holes about 'minute of cantaloupe' at 30'.

I have been unable to teach any of my own Gl*cks anything about "x ring" intimacy.
I spent considerable time both with my own, and the most extensive personal Gl*ck collection a fanboy buddy has, of virtually all flavors/calibers/models of the marque.

Not doing the down-twinkles on Gl*ck, just recognize they somehow do not appreciate my loving touch.

That aside, the recent speed steel match I attended was with my G34. Boring back story; I've spent the last month developing a practice 124g (Berrys & N350 @ 1136) load that has performed very well over about the last 1500 rounds. With no ammo issues, decided to take the Big Leap & use them in the match. Couldn't believe it, something Gl*ck NEVER does....jammed. Twice. Added 40 seconds to my normal match time. So I switched ammo to the Blazers, which work plenty fine for my needs. After all, 'combat accuracy' really is about all those giant steel targets need.

I've found no recipe with dozens tried, that makes me any more accurate with the G19.
I've failed with G36/G23/G26/G19/G41/G43/G34/G35, to produce 'target accuracy'. Perhaps it is all my error....yet with other marques eventually I learn to produce better groups than something resembling random rat droppings in a dresser drawer.

A couple years ago, I got fed up with my buddies G41 Gl*ck as at 20'(!!!) 'minute of peach' with factory ammo was as GOOD as I could do, even with hundreds of rounds that day.

I won't use the model number, but I more or less flung down the G41 in disgust, picked up 'old Ugly' and ran a magazine full at 20 feet into 'minute of peach pit'.

It's enough to make a Gentle Traveler start a Sig collection.

Last Edited:
I don't know what the deal is with Glock.

There all I use. But accuracy is all over the place.
I've have owned many. And still own 9mm, 357 sig, 40, and 10mm Glocks.

The most accurate stock Glock I owned was a gen II model 22 in .40. That gun made anybody look like a good shot.
Put my 35 to shame!

And I think this new KKM 357 barrel in my old Gen III 23 is gona make a pretty good shooter too.
That is after my shoulder heals up from surgery and I can shoot properly?

But Glocks seam to be, for lack of a better analogy. ''Hit or miss''. o_O

Glock site 's are not good I couldn't shoot my G22 worth a dam with the factory sites change them got better I know you said you don't want to spend money but I know lots of people first thing they do is change the sites I then change to a better barrel and got a lot better but like you said that's a extra $250 bucks

I forgot to say if you up grade to better barrel you can shoot different ammo you can't shoot some kinds of ammo in a stock glock barrel and try different bullets I can't get good groups with 180grain but when I shoot 165grain it's a lot better

My first change from OEM G34 sights, was a Fast Fire 2 red dot.
Spectacular improvement in 'onesies & twosies' accuracy but still poor groups.

was recovering from serious eye issue & the red dot helped tremendously....gradually got to where the limited field of view & awkward grip angle conspired to keep me slowly looking for a target; eventually replaced with Dawson Precision fiber optic set & that helped speed but not 'over all average accuracy'.

Of course I've long adpated to the really light front end of the Gl*ck realm; I don't really even mind the discomfort of the trigger function. The grip angle remains at issue for my old tired body parts to attempt adaptation.

The fastest stage I had at the steel match was double the time of the fastest guy using another Gl*ck. He's serious, talented, practices and is young....oh, and he thinks 'combat accuracy' is just fine.

Looking at both 20 foot groups, I am thinking that you will need to work on fundamentals regardless of which weapon. Work on shot to shot repetition to tighten your groups.

At 20 feet, you should be able to shoot a group that looks like a single golfball size hole. If you can shoot a good group, you can move the group by adjusting sights, changing backstraps, etc. Do you wear corrective lenses?

I picked up a friends G19 with a RDS and it took me 5 or 6 seconds to find the dot. I definitely wasn't used to the grip angle.

I would suggest shooting it a few more times to get used to it and dry fire. You might just need some more perfect practice and repetitions to get acquainted with your new gun.

One of the factors "I suspect affect my own performance" with the Gl*ck models, is that they are ~so~ light .....with no discernible 'center of balance'. Have long preferred 'muzzle forward' balance which affects my aim/trigger coordination.

This theory was partially confirmed in my SASS days, when using a favored shoulder-holster 3 1/2" Colt clone 45LC. Slick and ultra fast draw/on target time. Problem was equally ultra fast OFF target as well; the wing beat of a butterfly in the next county was enough to wander off POA. Magnified this when changing to Rooger 'sheriff model' otherwise identical configuration, yet it was enough heavier seemed like it just needed pointing & it would stay there immovable until the <clang> released it for reholstering.

Once had an engineering buddy try to describe such details using terms as 'bulk modulus' and 'moment arm' and 'inertial window' etc. In any case, I've yet to be able to discern a balance point in handling Gl*ck. G34 style comes closer, yet the (completely different) Rooger Original Standard 22 auto somehow gives me better cues for trigger activation.
The decidedly weight-forward of the bull barrel target 22 line favors shrinkage of my group size.