JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been offered, among other things, a gen 3 Glock 26 for the Glock 30s I have in the classifieds.
It wasn't something that was on my radar, but I am curious. The 26 certainly has more aftermarket parts available, holster options, and mag compatibility with the 17 and 19. Anyone have experience with the 26?

I like the 26. I got a Gen 3 from a pawnshop and its held up fine. Accurate and has a good selection of holster options and the usual block aftermarket. I put a TLR6 and got a holster to match.

I have since moved to the 27 instead as I like 40. Same as my 26 it too got all the SOP fixed to it now. Having magazine capacity options from the 19/17 and the fun 33rnd sticks is a plus. Its on a nice rotation for my EDC.

The snap isn't that bad on these guns. If you can handle a Shield you should have 0 problems with a 26/27. Yet to have any failures on either.

I like the 26. I got a Gen 3 from a pawnshop and its held up fine. Accurate and has a good selection of holster options and the usual block aftermarket. I put a TLR6 and got a holster to match.

I have since moved to the 27 instead as I like 40. Same as my 26 it too got all the SOP fixed to it now. Having magazine capacity options from the 19/17 and the fun 33rnd sticks is a plus. Its on a nice rotation for my EDC.
Would you carry it over your shield?

Well I rotate between shield and 27 depending on my mood. Both I'd say are equal in my eyes tbh. Just the 26 gets 10+1 stock where as the shield gets 8+1, before we get to the + mag extended area.

The glocks width for sure feels better in my hand and carries just fine to where sometimes I forget its there.

The 365 I have I find mostly stays as my bike carry when I ride or if I go for a jog. I used to use my 27 for those but felt it was a little bulky for those. I dunno I'm weird I like to cycle thru depending on my mood/activity/time of day etc.

I'd say it's a good offer if you want another 9 with a 10+1 carry and if it fits your hand fine then go with it. Its glock so there's TONS of aftermarket and parts should you need something. I like the finger grooves some don't. YMMV. I've been curious to try a G30 but I just recently got a RIA 1911 so I'm set for 45.

This is my EDC. A Glock 33 w/27 barrel. I too like the .40 S&W.:D I've owned and shot the heck out of the Glock 26 and a S&W Shield. I have small hands and with a pinky extender the Glocks work well for me. Both very reliable but, I'd always carry a Glock over the Shield. Just my $.02.

thumbnail_20201115_153247_HDR.jpg

That's a tough question. I love the 30 and regretted selling mine years ago, But....

Glock 26 has become a favorite of mine. I've carried one daily for almost 10 years. It's been reliable and easy enough to handle while not being too small. 10+1 with a extra +2 magazine is what I often grab when I'm on the go. Can't beat it and as you've already mentioned above, it's compatible with all other 9mm mags and holsters. Can't go wrong, if you are looking for a good 9mm.

Well I rotate between shield and 27 depending on my mood. Both I'd say are equal in my eyes tbh. Just the 26 gets 10+1 stock where as the shield gets 8+1, before we get to the + mag extended area.

The glocks width for sure feels better in my hand and carries just fine to where sometimes I forget its there.

The 365 I have I find mostly stays as my bike carry when I ride or if I go for a jog. I used to use my 27 for those but felt it was a little bulky for those. I dunno I'm weird I like to cycle thru depending on my mood/activity/time of day etc.

I'd say it's a good offer if you want another 9 with a 10+1 carry and if it fits your hand fine then go with it. Its glock so there's TONS of aftermarket and parts should you need something. I like the finger grooves some don't. YMMV. I've been curious to try a G30 but I just recently got a RIA 1911 so I'm set for 45.
Yeah, I have a couple 1911s, and don't carry the 30s often anymore.
The mag compatibility and availability of parts are really what have me interested, especially since I do often carry a g19.

had 3 over the years- it's a glock, so you know what it brings to the table- goes bang, puts holes where pointed- not knowing every nook and cranny of your med to large hands it's hard to say if you'll like it.

I don't have one any more because a) I found poly guns that fit me better ( especially as the 3rd gen has no grip adjustability )
b) I find I can carry a larger gun with no real negative trade offs, either in comfort or concealability - so the smaller size was bringing zero benefit.
YMM of course V

had 3 over the years- it's a glock, so you know what it brings to the table- goes bang, puts holes where pointed- not knowing every nook and cranny of your med to large hands it's hard to say if you'll like it.

I don't have one any more because a) I found poly guns that fit me better ( especially as the 3rd gen has no grip adjustability )
b) I find I can carry a larger gun with no real negative trade offs, either in comfort or conceivability - so the smaller size was bringing zero benefit.
YMM of course V
Most of my week I carry in an environment where I do need to be as concealed as possible. Usually it's a shield 9 or a j frame revolver. If it's a day off I'm carrying a 1911 or .357 revolver lately.

Since 1999 I've continuously owned and shot multiple G26's, both Gen 3 and Gen 4.

If I had to get rid of ALL of my handguns and keep ONLY ONE it would be my G26. It's like a utility infielder who can bat 300.

Completely reliable - will shoot any ammo. It's a Glock, after all.

Good size for concealed carry. When I was carrying it daily I had either a 10 plus 2 mag, or a G19 mag. (With the G19 mag the G26 grip is the same length as my G19 and my G43X. The G26 is about .3 inches thicker than the G43X, which IS noticeable. But it also holds 15 rounds versus the G43X's 10 rounds. (I'm leaving out the Shield Arms 15 round G43X mag. Just comparing Glock factory OEM dimensions.)

It'll accept any Glock double stack 9mm mag.

Loads of aftermarket stuff.

If you've got leather or kydex open-end holsters for any full sized or compact Glock in 40 or 9mm, the G26 will fit probably 95% of them.

Felt recoil is just that - "felt - which is very subjective. Personally, I don't find the G26 any more difficult to shoot than my G19. But YMMV. Of course the 9mm recoil versus the 45 will make the G26 feel like a soft shooter.

A G26 will feel a little small in your hands compared to the G30, but it won't be unfamiliar.

Good luck.

Since 1999 I've continuously owned and shot multiple G26's, both Gen 3 and Gen 4.

If I had to get rid of ALL of my handguns and keep ONLY ONE it would be my G26. It's like a utility infielder who can bat 300.

Completely reliable - will shoot any ammo. It's a Glock, after all.

Good size for concealed carry. When I was carrying it daily I had either a 10 plus 2 mag, or a G19 mag. (With the G19 mag the G26 grip is the same length as my G19 and my G43X. The G26 is about .3 inches thicker than the G43X, which IS noticeable. But it also holds 15 rounds versus the G43X's 10 rounds. (I'm leaving out the Shield Arms 15 round G43X mag. Just comparing Glock factory OEM dimensions.)

It'll accept any Glock double stack 9mm mag.

Loads of aftermarket stuff.

If you've got leather or kydex open-end holsters for any full sized or compact Glock in 40 or 9mm, the G26 will fit probably 95% of them.

Felt recoil is just that - "felt - which is very subjective. Personally, I don't find the G26 any more difficult to shoot than my G19. But YMMV. Of course the 9mm recoil versus the 45 will make the G26 feel like a soft shooter.

A G26 will feel a little small in your hands compared to the G30, but it won't be unfamiliar.

Good luck.
Thanks!
Still just a consideration. Also eyeballing some of the ones you've got up.

I used to have a 30s. Great gun, and I eventually found some holster companies who made kydex holsters for that specific model instead of shoehorning you into a 36 or 30 holster. Eventually sold it because I never actually carried it. The CZ metal framed guns were simply so much more ergonomic that I lost interest in Glocks. The 26/27 was good, but I eventually sold that too.

With CZ's P-01 (and a lesser extent the Sig P models) it's like the gun is having relations with your hand.

Been carrying my g26 gen3 for over 4 yrs. most times with plus 2 extension. Shoots like a full size gun. I have tried to find a better edc pistol to no avail. The closest I came was the p365. But I sold the 365 after a month and strapped the little Glock back on my belt.

I used to have a 30s. Great gun, and I eventually found some holster companies who made kydex holsters for that specific model instead of shoehorning you into a 36 or 30 holster. Eventually sold it because I never actually carried it. The CZ metal framed guns were simply so much more ergonomic that I lost interest in Glocks. The 26/27 was good, but I eventually sold that too.

With CZ's P-01 (and a lesser extent the Sig P models) it's like the gun is having relations with your hand.
That's what I am really after, Cz p01 or 75 omega.
Edit: 2nd with Sig P series. Got a great deal on a p226 in .40, that, while not in love with it (yet), the ergonomics are great.

Last Edited: