JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The 19x and me
On January 3rd 2018, Glock announced a new 'Crossover" firearm for commercial production. It was a new position for the firearms manufacture, not in the case of a new radical design, but a mix of 2 of their most popular firearms, the Glock 17 Gen 5 (with a 4.48" barrel and a gun height of 5.57" tall, and 7.95 inch in total length) and the Glock 19 Gen 5 (with a 4.02" barrel and a gun height of 5.04" tall, and 7.28 inch in total length). What they developed was the Glock 19x. The crossover came with basically the G17's grip, and placing the shorter G19 slide and barrel on top. Now the real history goes back to the Army's MHS trial that was awarded to Sig and the M17 (SIG P320). The Glock 19x is the submission they entered without the external thumb safety.
Now, I was not sold at first, first thought, "Why did they not put the longer barrel on a shorter grip for concealed carry?" Now I know why.
So after a few weeks of looking and reading about it, I decided if I got one it would be as a collectors item. A safe queen, and gun I would sell if I was looking at a different option. So no rush to get in line, was not going to impulse buy, blah blah, then Monday Jan 22nd happened.
"Let's run to a gun shop down south Jason" a co-worker announced. "What are we looking for?" "I want your opinion on the M&P 2.0!" Lets roll! As we entered the shop, I got the feeling the he and the shop owner knew each other which as great, as I looked around at parts of guns scattered and cases and cases of rebuilt guns and new firearms lined the walls, I thought to myself, "this place is a mess". I introduced myself and after a little, no, a lot of bull shooting and trust, this guy knew his stuff, 35 years of gunsmithing, Armour in the military and does countless work on the areas police weapons, also he teaches the Glock amours course, this guy was legit. As him and my co-worker chatted a bit about local politics and the Marion County arrest made over the weekend, I looked in the cases and the walls of the many guns that were displayed. Inside the Glock cabinet, there she sat, on her side, 19 round mag inserted, lonely, wanting to be touch, handled, talked about, and critiqued. "Can i see this 19x?" I asked. "Sure, I will do you one better, wanna shoot one?" "Yes, but where?" Tucked away deep inside his shop was a private test range for his gunsmiths shop that he lead us too. As he flipped the lights on, there it sat, his own 19x on the bench, the front of the gun had the powder residue built up and a box of 9mm sat beside her. "You each can have 5 rounds, anymore the neighbors get a little irritable, so ear up and get after it" My co-worker was handed the gun first, as he slowed pulled the trigger, a little smile emerged from the nervous face and he continued to fire the last 4 rounds. "Thats nice" he said as I took the gun from him. "Lets see if the business up front and party in the back lives up to its name shall we?" I said sarcastically. I got into my stance and brought the gun up, first i noticed that the gun naturally arrived on target as if i was pointing with my pointer finger at the target. I took up the slack and fired first round, i felt the gun go off, but instead of the short stroke barrel rise snap i get with my G19, I got a gun that basically recoiled into my forearm and I was left looking at the sights almost exactly where I left them prior to the first trigger pull. I finished the last 4 rounds in the center 10 ring 7 yards away from me and all i could do what think "Damn, that thing was as smooth as a 500 bottle of bourbon". "What do you think the shop owner asked?" "I will go ahead and take the one in the cabinet" as I reached for my wallet. "Hold on Hoss, that has a deposit on it and i can't sell it to you today, call me Wednesday". I left disappointed on Monday but my mind is made up of what I want.
All week all i did was call shops, asking for their availability, watching reviews on Youtube why to buy the 19x and why not to buy the 19x. As i wanted the nays, it was plain to see that the decision not to was not because the gun was bad, it was because of who the manufacture was. Look, I know I like Glocks, but I am not a 100% fanboy of Glock. My safe see's and seen the likes of Springfields, Sigs, Beretta, and others in my lifetime. Why I like Glock, it works for me and I have learned to shoot them well, there was a time when I could not hit the broad side of a barn with a Glock and sold them off as fast as I bought them. But I learned and I learned to like them as my go to firearm.
So Friday came and my reward for going to the dentist was going to be set, I went, i bought, I took home. I texted a pic to a few buddies. Look what I got, and shortly to you folks on this page. My neighbor responds, "Lets go shoot it!" "I can't, gotta get the girls from school but tomorrow, lets do it and sight in your RMR" "Sounds good" he replied.
Now to say that I was not gitty and ready to really put the gun to some work would be an understatement. I felt like i was going to Disneyland the next day and I fell asleep late, and woke early waiting for the 10:30 departure time.
As my neighbor and I arrived at the range with light rain and Cowboy Action Comp going on right beside us. We eyes and earred and went to work, first sighting in the RMR on his G19 MOS. "I think we are splitting hairs now" my neighbor proclaimed and now it was my turn. As I pulled out the gun from my holster, inserted the 17 round mag, I aimed down at the Number 3 on the target, at 15 yards, my neighbor as my witness, I placed all 17 rounds into a 3 1/2" grouping which suprised the hell outta me because of the shorter barrel, holstered, turned around and walking back to the table, i giggled, a lot. "It must be good if your smiling and giggling like you are" my neighbor stated. "Here, you shoot it". I will keep his reaction short "Damn thats a good shooting gun!" I am sure he had the same bubblegum eating grin on his face too. He is a local LEO, his departments firearm instructor and tactical teams firearm instructor as well as member so he has cred.
I have a lot of love for this #19x. I will tell you all, don't knock it till you try it. Ran about 150 rounds static and over 300 rounds doing transitional target drills and moving and shooting with this gun, it's was on point. I did not think it would run as flat as it did but I am really faster on the trigger and maintaining the target while double tapping and moving. The gun feels different than any Glock I have ever fired. It fells like you can just point it, your sight picture comes to you instead of going to the sights and I normally have to do with my handguns being left eye dominate.
Out of the box trigger felt great, and I don't know why. I love this gun. I really shot great with this gun for basically the first time stretching her legs. I want to shoot it more and more.
And for those who say you can't conceal it, well maybe you will print with the 19 round mags, but it's basically the same size gun with mag inserted as a P320c which I can conceal just fine. Hate on it all you want, my collectors item I initially bought just became more to me.
Thanks for reading and hanging in on the long winded review. Anyone want to shoot it, you get 5 rounds lol..........

26907979_10215108125313660_6528483972209944237_n.jpg 26992754_10215108124913650_5074686518998463864_n.jpg 27067262_10215108125513665_6385870060922858847_n.jpg 27067472_10215108124553641_8898157524760226188_n.jpg 27067733_10215108124593642_5867549479524957949_n (1).jpg 27332502_10215108125753671_7365501858501096127_n.jpg 27540052_10215108124873649_6804897805105754930_n.jpg

I got to shoot mine for the first time yesterday.. I burned through all the ammo I took with me, and then went back to my car and rooted around for any extra mags or loose rounds I might have left in the console so I could keep shooting.
Isn't it funny how all the folks giving negative "reviews" on yootoob haven't shot one? Everybody that has, or shows footage of shooting can't put it down. Faces quickly go from skeptical curiosity, to perma-grin.
I can't remember which reviewer it was, but he said "that's what glock should have done 30 years ago"...

Really cool gun. I'll admit my first reaction was "Jesus Glock..really?" ($749msrp). But I kept seeing pictures of it around the internet which spurred me to look up online prices. I was seeing $650ish average.... so I started doing the math. "Hmm it IS cool looking"... "it does come with three mags "(2 have +2 extensions!)... "and night sights". "Tax refund IS coming..." lol. Before long I was calling local gun shops. Found it in stock for $599. What else could I do! I have to say I think it's awesome. Now I need to get out to the range!

Does it REALLY shoot all THAT much different from a Gen. 3 or 4?
I think so... I shot it next to my Gen 3 17 and it has noticeably lighter recoil and less muzzle flip. Quicker back to target and it just feels more balanced. That's in my hands though... your experience could be different. You just have to shoot one for yourself. I'll be bringing mine to the fundraiser coming up.

I just put 300 rnds through mine and 100 of those were suppressed. Using heavy ball ammo. I own a G34 and a G43. Overall the 19x was fun to shoot but I felt that it like to snap upwards in my thumb web. I installed the medium size beaver tail grip panel and it fixed that. It'll be my new IDPA gun, like it a lot. Something about commander size firearms gets me.

My son bought his 19x 2 weeks ago, had him bring it up to my property and we put 300 rounds through it. Im a 1911 guy but if i were to get a striker this would be it. The gun is very accurate once you get use to the ugly trigger pull lol, combat accuracy was excellent at 10 yards was able to put a full mag into a 9 inch paper plate as quick as i could pull the trigger most rounds stayed within 4 inches. Very impressed!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top