JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Obviously, I have a Glock 17. I bought a rail system for a scope. It was designed, I believe for a Gen 1 or 2 system in china. and they say it fits the Marui17C, which is really a 3rd generation. So they are actually wrong. It does not fit. I would have to machine out. But that is not worth doing.

Why do I want a rail system for a scope? Its a fun accuracy thing. Not really needed. and it won't fit in any holster that way, of course. But this is a home-defensive weapon and my eyes are getting little ... you know, too many birthday parties, etc.

What rail systems are there available? Any ideas?

See pictures:

Thanks!

IMG_1573.jpg

IMG_1574.jpg

IMG_1571.jpg

IMG_1572.jpg

It fits the Marui 17c... so its made to go on an airsoft gun and the C is for compensated if I recall correctly (as opposed to gen III). I have to wonder - even if it did fit how would it hold up to the recoil of a real firearm? If it was noted for gen III and doesn't fit I'm surprised - Tokyo Marui used to pride themselves on exact copies (externally) to the point that an NFA dealer I knew out of Reno used to keep about 5 of the Marui MP5 airsoft guns in his shop to fill any dead space on the wall racks. I remember several times he almost handed one of the airsofts to customers by mistake.

There aren't any that I know of that are easy on-easy off. At the least the trigger pin
is involved. A good solid aluminum mount is the Carver Mount.

<broken link removed>

Chowser2, thanks, nice picture. I like your ported barrel. I have one from Wolf. I will show you a picture tonight.

the Burris... how is it holding up? It's sliding and moving with the slide... I am not experienced enough with that but always thought it could not be the best solution. What is your take, pros and cons? And what is the red stuff you have below your 17?

It fits the Marui 17c... so its made to go on an airsoft gun and the C is for compensated if I recall correctly (as opposed to gen III). I have to wonder - even if it did fit how would it hold up to the recoil of a real firearm? If it was noted for gen III and doesn't fit I'm surprised - Tokyo Marui used to pride themselves on exact copies (externally) to the point that an NFA dealer I knew out of Reno used to keep about 5 of the Marui MP5 airsoft guns in his shop to fill any dead space on the wall racks. I remember several times he almost handed one of the airsofts to customers by mistake.

The material is extruded aluminum. It makes sense that it would hold up, at least better than the Poly solution from biggie24420 above or from Chowser2, also above. The poly will flex, and Chowser2's solution will bounce, all in theory, since I am not an expert. I am just going by what makes sense to me. And I would like to be proven wrong, without me having to try all different alternatives my self. Of course, the Glock rail flexes too, tremendously. I put a foregrip with a flashlight on once. That thing was moving with the Glock's plastic all over, kind of scary. I wish Glock put in a steel plate to stabilize that, but that would then not be a Glock (Plastic).

thanks again!

There aren't any that I know of that are easy on-easy off. At the least the trigger pin
is involved. A good solid aluminum mount is the Carver Mount.

<broken link removed>

Thanks BillM for that Carver link. not too bad. And maybe that is the way to go. If so, this mount SJC_C-More_Mount_thumb.jpg for $105 would be my preferred choice because it is little smaller.

All of the Carver mounts are recommended to be installed with a drop of the ejection port (a gun smith job since I have not sufficient experience with that).

The other mount 001011014WeaverGlockBlack75.jpg WeaverSilver2.75.jpg is not that more expensive at $ 135. It too requires or is suggested to lower the ejection port. And you are right, as far as I can tell the options for alternative mounts are slim. It's maybe because of a lack of demand. The easiest but priciest (also requires a $200 ATF Stamp) would probably be to just get this: kpos.jpg :s0112::s0131: - but that is out of question $$$$

SJC_C-More_Mount_thumb.jpg

001011014WeaverGlockBlack75.jpg

WeaverSilver2.75.jpg

kpos.jpg

Thanks BillM for that Carver link. not too bad. And maybe that is the way to go. If so, this mount View attachment 36864 for $105 would be my preferred choice because it is little smaller.

Downside of the SJC mount is that you have to drill a couple of holes in the frame (and they are fair sized) for a couple of mount bushings.
If you want the ability to switch the gun back to "pre-mount" condition, SJC won't work. Carver goes on and off fairly easily, with no
permanent modification to the frame.

Downside of the SJC mount is that you have to drill a couple of holes in the frame (and they are fair sized) for a couple of mount bushings.
If you want the ability to switch the gun back to "pre-mount" condition, SJC won't work. Carver goes on and off fairly easily, with no
permanent modification to the frame.

Permanent modification also limits resell. And that is just .... thanks for pointing that out. This removes the SJC mount from my list of candidates.

For my first set up with the optic attached to the slide
The red dot was very stable and when firing I never loss sight of it. However for those that jerk the trigger I could see how losing the dot may be a problem. The mount needs to be locktited in. and the mount takes a beating. I even had it fly off once. If I was to do that kind of set up again I would have zex mill my slide and tap it so I could screw the optic right into the rail rather that have screw to a mount that slides where the rear sight goes. The benefit to this kind of set up was the ability to use most holsters without any modifications.

The lone wolf compensator does nothing for recoil but it looks cool (imo)
The redot is easier to pick up initially(for me) than my current set up.
however
I will not go back to the old set up.

the red thing on the bottom of the picture is a speed holster mainly used for race guns

here is what mine looks like now

This is the carver mount. There are two carver mounts. The first is the hunter model and the second is the competition model
The hunter model gives more clearance between the slide and the optic. Since the competition mount is lower it makes aiming/shooting sensitive to range/ distance changes as the hunter model.

The competition mount requires modification of the slide to get the cases to eject reliably. You would have to lower your ejection port and you could do it with a dremel or send it off.

Since you don't want to modify your glock I would say go with the hunter model.

also some carver mounts are specific to optics. make sure you know which optic you are gonna run or buy the weaver one.

The mount is very solid and works great. any other questions feel free to ask

Chowser2, this looks cool, and can picture (thus the goal) that you aim better as well. The 9mm is a good stopper if you hit your target repeatedly. I like the high capacity capability as opposed to the 45. In concealed carry practices, I can picture myself not even holstering the gun but have it attached to a bunchy sling that allows me to hang the gun on my side under my arm...just pull back your coat and be ready to fire. --- defense purpose. That is why I am contemplating either glock stock option or the KPOS version of Short Barreled Rifle. If I decide to go that route, the KPOS is much more expensive, however, figure the stock cost, the mount cost... and you have a $ 200 difference, plus the $200 ATF stamp. Then, why nut just buying a semi MP5, or UZI...

thanks again for your input. Lots to think about.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top