Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Glad to be a new member

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by blinddog58, Nov 7, 2011.

1. blinddog58

blinddog58 puget sound, wa New Member

I am just getting into guns. Went shooting with a friend a few months ago and got hooked. Also am serious about the personal protection aspect of firearm ownership. Did some home work. Ended up buying a Glock 17 and Ruger Mark III Hunter and a couple thousand rounds of ammo. Next purchase will be a good defense pistol training class. I love looking at all the guns for sale and the informational threads are helpful.

2. JSN

JSN Vancouver New Member

hello, just got into shooting too. Same way also, buddy got me hooked. i was looking at the g 17 3rd gen. what do you think of yours?

3. bruzer

bruzer Grants Pass, OR Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard.
    Mike

4. blinddog58

blinddog58 puget sound, wa New Member

I got the 4th Gen which I like better than 3rd Gen mainly because of the grips. 3rd gen grips are slippery and a lot folks use grip tape. I love the simplicity of the Glock - just 4 parts to field strip: slide, receiver, barrel & recoil spring. I had problems at first with failure to feed but it was my fault - I didn't use a firm grip. After tightening up my grip the gun runs fine.