1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TrustInFew, Nov 19, 2012.

1. TrustInFew

TrustInFew Parkrose, oregon New Member

So, just kinda curious how many people on here are geocachers? My wife got me into it right after we met, about a year and a half ago. My eife and I actually need to get out and place a cache that we did in memorial of her brother who was career army and passed away on April 30th.

But just seeing if I'm the only dork on here who does this or if other member are into it?
  2. safetyman

safetyman Clark County, WA Active Member

No, you're not a dork because you like geocaching! I am actually really interested in caching but have never actually started. Maybe next fall when the weather turns...and maybe I can locate yours if you get it in place by then?
  3. keystir

keystir Hillsboro, OR Active Member

I geocache with the wife and kids, the kids especially enjoy it and it's an easy fun thing to do when you go on trips out of town.
  4. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

Seems interesting. Never seem to have time to try. Not really into hiking but if there are ATV locations that would be fun.
  5. pokerace

pokerace Newberg Well-Known Member

wife and I do Geocaching. What unit do you use? I have a 60cx and a etrek venture.
  6. xlsbob

xlsbob coos county Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter

We've never been into it but my wife found one when we hiked the Rogue river trail a couple years ago. We were just taking a break and she was looking around. Found a ammo can under a log with odds and ends of stuff and a note. We added something and put it back where she found it.
  7. Swedish K

Swedish K SW Washington Moderator Staff Member

someone in Sacramento had set up a series that took you from pub to pub. Another cache someone used was in a parking block at a local gun shop - that one was interesting - the local FBI office got called in as some of the employees saw some people pulling the little tube with the next coords in it and replacing it. Apparently they thought it was a spy message drop. From what one of the employees tells me the feds actually watched the site until someone hit it again and explained what it was.