JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Picked up a Gen5 G19 to go with my Gen5 G17. Both have the factory Ameriglo sights, which are really easy to pick up. After 500 rounds of Federal 147gr fmj, no malfunctions with positive ejection. The half-moon grip cutout was a worry for my pinky, but after 10 boxes, didn't even notice it. Ate a baseball size hole out of a 25 meter target at 10 yards. Easy to drive this peashooter, even one handed.

Picked up a Gen5 G19 to go with my Gen5 G17. Both have the factory Ameriglo sights, which are really easy to pick up. After 500 rounds of Federal 147gr fmj, no malfunctions with positive ejection. The half-moon grip cutout was a worry for my pinky, but after 10 boxes, didn't even notice it. Ate a baseball size hole out of a 25 meter target at 10 yards. Easy to drive this peashooter, even one handed.

So compared to the M&P 2.0 compact, which tickles your nipples more?

So compared to the M&P 2.0 compact, which tickles your nipples more?

I went to the store ready to buy the M&P compact 2.0. Bought the Glock instead. I'm a Glock guy though. My duty weapon is an M&P and I'll be issued a 2.0 this spring. Totally okay with that.

When it comes to my personal weapons, I still buy Glock. Been a fan since I was first issued one in 2005. S&W did the free gun blitzkrieg and my department bit. I have over 15k rounds through my duty gun and not a single malfunction.

So, I'd buy whatever feels best to you. The 19 will be my edc when I've put it through its paces. Its thinner, less nooks and crannies, and has a better stock trigger (IMO). The texture on the grip isn't as rough and that was important to me since I carry IWB. I know I can sand down the M&P grip, but I don't like to bubba my guns.

I thought you were a sig sauer guy for off duty guns? :D

And ya know, if you fatten up a bit, that extra .05 inches of width on the m&p won't show as bad. Gun just sucks into the belly fat. Rosie O'Donnell could boob carry a pair of full sizers, and smoosh a shield into her belly button. She may be better armed than all of us. :cool:

My next Glock is gonna be a 10mm, my next S&W a long slide 9.

I thought you were a sig sauer guy for off duty guns? :D

And ya know, if you fatten up a bit, that extra .05 inches of width on the m&p won't show as bad. Gun just sucks into the belly fat. Rosie O'Donnell could boob carry a pair of full sizers, and smoosh a shield into her belly button. She may be better armed than all of us. :cool:

My next Glock is gonna be a 10mm, my next S&W a long slide 9.

I do like my Sigs and I do carry a P229 right now. The polymer guns are smaller, lighter, and easier to carry for the same amount of ammo. I don't see getting away from striker fired guns at work. Its just making more and more sense to carry guns with more similar function and controls.

Can't go wrong with a Gen 5 G19. I love my 17. And I could drop it and not flinch if I wanted to. :D

Can't go wrong with a Gen 5 G19. I love my 17. And I could drop it and not flinch if I wanted to. :D

Ya, but if you get the M17, it's got a lanyard loop. Put the gun on a short leash, it won't hit the ground, no unwanted bangbang. Except into your shins. Just learn to point shoot from the hip, since a long enough cord to get a full lock out of the arms and get a sight picture, would give you enough rope to hit the ground...

Ya, but if you get the M17, it's got a lanyard loop. Put the gun on a short leash, it won't hit the ground, no unwanted bangbang. Except into your shins. Just learn to point shoot from the hip, since a long enough cord to get a full lock out of the arms and get a sight picture, would give you enough rope to hit the ground...

Gogo gadget arms!

I impulse bought a Gen5 G17 a few months ago and have been very pleased with it. Not pleased enough to convert my other Glocks into Gen 5's, but they're great shooters! Glad (but not surprised) that the G19 is a winner too.

FWIW, Sunday I went to a LGS to look at Blue Label Glocks, leaning toward a 29 or 19. They didn't have any BL 29s or 19s in stock, so I took a look at Gen 4 and 5 26s. Being the capricious person that I am, I am now the owner of a Gen 5 26 with the Ameriglo Bold sights.

Not being a Glock fan boy, I wasn't up to speed on the new Gen 5 version. I really don't need the ambi slide release, but I like the sights and better trigger; hopefully, the barrel improvements live up to the hype.

A2F5FF92-648C-4DF5-B0A9-41920A6F7CDC.jpeg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top