JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have the Galco shoulder rig already and can't seem to find a shoulder holster offered for a 1911 with a rail. I ordered the Galco S3H Standard 5" 1911, but the gun wont even come close to fitting. Does anyone know of a leather shoulder rig that accommodates a full frame 1911 with an accessory rail?

You have to loosen up the tension screw on the holster and cram your gun in there. It is a very tight fit, just be patient. It takes a couple of months especially if the leather is dyed black. Mine works smooth as can be now but took a good amount of time to get it there.

Okay, I'll try again. The first time I couldn't fit the gun all the way even with the retention screw completely out. The rail was actually hitting the rubber grommet.
Did you soak yours in hot water at all?

It moonlights as my nightstand gun with a light. :)

Though I suppose a home defense gun is it's primary function as I don't carry it all that often. (Only when I want to feel classy)

Am I understanding correctly, that your holster was built for a stock 1911 and you want to shove a rail into it! That sounds tough!

I had these guys make me a sholder rig for my Sig P-250 compact, a pistol with a rail! I don't see a rail specific rig for a 1911, so I think you have to contact them. They are good about communication! I'm very satisfied with my rig! :D Good luck!

Horizontal Shoulder / Belt Holster with Mag Pouch

Yes, that is correct. Never have seen a Galco shoulder holster for railed 1911 so I just got the standard 1911 holster - seems to be a no-go

What do you put on a 1911 with a rail:p:rolleyes:

upload_2016-12-1_11-5-13.png

Well, like I said, contact Craft Holsters. I'm sure they can make you one! They are made in Europe and the craftsmanship is outstanding! I couldn't find a 1911 w/ rail because they're web site is awkward! If you send them an email with your specific pistol info they will get right back to you!

Okay, I'll try again. The first time I couldn't fit the gun all the way even with the retention screw completely out. The rail was actually hitting the rubber grommet.
Did you soak yours in hot water at all?

Didn't soak it. I had same issues you are describing. Once it's in there a few days the leather will start to stretch, replace the tension screw as soon as possible. Total pain to have to break it in this way but worth it in the end.

Post a photo when you're done! :)

BTW, once you get it in for a few days, wrap the pistol in Saran Wrap adding layers until the holster is expanded to your liking.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews