JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Not sure if this belongs here or in gunsmithing, but here we go:

I got myself a great deal of a gen 4 Glock 29 and would like to shoot high grain ammo out of it (double tap or Buffalo bore 200+grain)

Will my G29 be able to handle this ammo or will I have to change my guide rod assembly and magazine springs like with the eaa witness p carry line. I assume because it's Glock it's just good to go. (this is my first Glock figured I give it a try)

Anyone have any experience with this platform and ammo combo or any recommendations before I blow my Glock apart or have a ton of fail to feeds.

P. S. Not a glock fan boy. Wanted a 10mm and got a great deal on this firearm.

Thanks guys!

I'm hoping not. It's one of the reasons I opted for a gen 4. I just don't wanna load up some 200 grain and make the first round out of it the last haha

Won't happen.

I've got a G20.4 with just over 4K through it, most on the warmer side ;)

Stock, 20#, or 24# it just works (though my preference is the 20#).

From what I've been reading people seem to say the 23# is just too much and the 21# is just right for nuke ammo. Is this 21# good for Edc (lighter load) as well? Or should I stick to stock for that? I'd really prefer something I can rely on for all purpose edc/woods use

If anything, I would suggest spending the first bit of upgrade $$ on a better trigger.

I mention this because we have (3) of our Glocks setup with McNalley triggers...they are really good.
Learning Center - McNally Glock Triggers LLC

The odd thing is they don't put their phone number on the website, however, if you google around you will find it and probably end up paying less than the price shown on their website if you speak to Jim or John directly...just sayin'

...and it will arrive in about two days. These guys are awesome.

If anything, I would suggest spending the first bit of upgrade $$ on a better trigger.

I mention this because we have (3) of our Glocks setup with McNalley triggers...they are really good.
Learning Center - McNally Glock Triggers LLC

The odd thing is they don't put their phone number on the website, however, if you google around you will find it and probably end up paying less than the price shown on their website if you speak to Jim or John directly...just sayin'

...and it will arrive in about two days. These guys are awesome.

Is that something I can learn to do myself or would i probably want to take it to a smith?

Also If I DID get a 21# spring in it would that also be adequate for 180 gr self defense loads as well as heavier hitting 200gr stuff? Im just worried about damaging the frame or firing pin. (Just read a bunch of bad stuff on the Eaa witness compact series with 10mm so it got me all anxious about ruining my new gun even though its a glock)

Is that something I can learn to do myself or would i probably want to take it to a smith?

Also If I DID get a 21# spring in it would that also be adequate for 180 gr self defense loads as well as heavier hitting 200gr stuff? Im just worried about damaging the frame or firing pin. (Just read a bunch of bad stuff on the Eaa witness compact series with 10mm so it got me all anxious about ruining my new gun even though its a glock)
I couldn't even spel Glox, but then I watched their video and no fancy myself a bit of an expert at R&Ring triggers in them Glox

haha That may as well have been a different language to me. My poor military knowledge only goes to 556 and m4s witha dash of 240/249 lol

I reluctantly got a glock just for the reliability of an affordable 10mm I aint no glox man myself

Glox? Why do I suddenly feel like I am reading a Dr. Seuss story;

"The red fox had white Sox when he went to the range to shoot his Glox. Why did he wear Sox to shoot his Glox? Because otherwise the hot brass would burn his...."

Oops.... apparantly I am not quite ready to write children's books :D

Glox? Why do I suddenly feel like I am reading a Dr. Seuss story;

"The red fox had white Sox when he went to the range to shoot his Glox. Why did he wear Sox to shoot his Glox? Because otherwise the hot brass would burn his...."

Oops.... apparantly I am not quite ready to write children's books :D

LOL This will probably be the only glock I ever buy. Next affordable 10mm I get will be springfields new !0mm XDM Thats supposedly coming out by end of year

I tried loading hot 200 gr loads for my Glock 20. When it wasn't jamming, they seemed to work. I don't know how it would take a steady diet of them, I gave up on it. I tried recoil springs and mag springs, but couldn't fix the jamming issue,,,

That factory barrel will destroy your brass though, the unsupported Glock smilies are horrible,,,

Heavy 220 gr Buffalo bore heavy outdoorsman ammo was a no go with my glock 20 and storm lake barrel. It had feeding issues and poor accuracy.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top