JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I've been in the midst of gathering the bits and pieces required to cut my own 300 Blk brass. Yesterday I was in the garage for an hour or so sorting through all my "range pickups" looking for LC. I was on my 4th can and had garnered about 200 when my son comes out and asks what I was doing. I explained that apparently the LC brass is the go to brass for sizing to 300 Blk and I was digging out what I could find. He said "hang on a minute" and went back to "his" corner of the garage and came back with a gallon baggy marked with "900 1x frd LC 5.56" all cleaned and ready to go. I said "WTF!, how many of those do you have?", and he said "All of them" (like a Chuck Norrisism). :s0140::s0140::s0140:

Dang Kids! :s0140:

Back when I was first teaching my boys to shoot and all that went with that, we got done with the shooting part and started picking up our brass and general cleanup, I sat down for a breather and watched the boys, they seemed to be quite interested in recovering all the bullets from the berm we were shooing into, and i'm sitting there scratching my head wondering what they planned to do with all those fired bullets, we ended up with 40 or so pounds of lead to melt down and mold for later! I had never thought of that, but they sure thought it was a good idea! Dang Kids ;)
Next trip we we brought along some kitty pooper scoopers to make lead recovery much easier and more efficient!

So I've been in the midst of gathering the bits and pieces required to cut my own 300 Blk brass. Yesterday I was in the garage for an hour or so sorting through all my "range pickups" looking for LC. I was on my 4th can and had garnered about 200 when my son comes out and asks what I was doing. I explained that apparently the LC brass is the go to brass for sizing to 300 Blk and I was digging out what I could find. He said "hang on a minute" and went back to "his" corner of the garage and came back with a gallon baggy marked with "900 1x frd LC 5.56" all cleaned and ready to go. I said "WTF!, how many of those do you have?", and he said "All of them" (like a Chuck Norrisism). :s0140::s0140::s0140:

This thread will give the lowdown on which HS are acceptable to convert, generally the wall thickness of .011-.013 after cut are G2Go.
I would definitely follow the notes mentioned and use a wall thickness caliper if your unsure.

Always use a case gauge and a plunk test in your chamber.;)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top