JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ammo:
S&B 6.5 CM, 140gr FMJ

Rifle:
Ruger American 6.5 Stainless
Vortex Diamondback FFP 4-16

Picked up a four boxes of this stuff from a local vendor as I knew it shot well.

I wanted to plink without loading ammo right now so it was a win-win. $13/box for Sub-MOA ammo outta the box.

50 yards: 1 hole
100 yards: 1 hole -ish (oblong)
200 yards:
79940DB0-1BB2-424F-AC4E-CE0B63E796DC.jpeg

.475 MOA at 200. Not bad.

Then you see, round #3 and # 19 from the box did this:
0C6CD600-66FC-488E-A747-1AD11E7455FD.jpeg

After communication with S&B regarding their brass blowing out, they blamed their hard brass and an oversized chamber on the Ruger. No brass that I've used prior has had any issues like this. Sadly I wish I could have shot the rest of the boxes that day, I would have they were shooting so good.

Needless to say; ammo is going back to S&B and I'm getting a refund.

Sure shot good.

Last Edited:
Those two were obviously 6.5Creedtards... ;)

Glad to injuries or damage to your rifle (I presume)!
All 11 fingers and toes. I had 4 additional pieces of brass that showed marks like they were about to crack. Stress lines.

Damn Dyjital that sucks. Do you inspect your brass every time before reloading?

Of course. Though this was factory. Some of my 6.5 brass already has 4 or 5 loadings on it.

Have you had any other ammo do this? Is your rifle short throated?
No other ammo has done this. Ever.

I don't think so, I can load longer than my magazine will take and the ogive is further forward than these were.

Ammo:
S&B 6.5 CM, 140gr FMJ

Rifle:
Ruger American 6.5 Stainless
Vortex Diamondback FFP 4-16

Picked up a four boxes of this stuff from a local vendor as I knew it shot well.

I wanted to plink without loading ammo right now so it was a win-win. $13/box for Sub-MOA ammo outta the box.

50 yards: 1 hole
100 yards: 1 hole -ish (oblong)
200 yards:
View attachment 604359

.475 MOA at 200. Not bad.

Then you see, round #3 and # 19 from the box did this:
View attachment 604358

After communication with S&B regarding their brass blowing out, they blamed their hard brass and an oversized chamber on the Ruger. No brass that I've used prior has had any issues like this. Sadly I wish I could have shot the rest of the boxes that day, I would have they were shooting so good.

Needless to say; ammo is going back to S&B and I'm getting a refund.

Sure shot good.

I saw some of that stuff at Curt's. I told a buddy that we needed to go down the road and just buy the stuff I've been buying from Northwest armory for $15.00/box. It's hunting ammo with c&c bullets, but weighs 131 grains. Shoots damn good out of most of my rifles. My Sako A7 seems to love it, same with my new M&P 10 performance center, the CTR#2 not so much...:eek:

The Selior and Bellot brass loads up very well for me buddy. Here's how my M&P 10 performance center likes it:
TGcZI4O.jpg

That's a shame on that S&B ammo. I have been buying the factory 131gr for $15.00/box and it shoots great in my rifles, like I said earlier. It seems to be very good brass too. I'll be keeping a close eye on it though. Thanks for posting this thread. If I find that the S&B brass is sub par, I'll let you guys know!!!!!!!!!!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top