JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Figured I'd show and tell my Citadel.

I've done a bunch to it cosmetically because it shot rather nice, so I figured I would "dress it up" a bit.

Before:

Citadel-Stock5.jpg

So I had to fix all the ugly and make some "niceties"

Jeweled the barrel hood and polished the barrel and machined some flutes into the slide (top and bottom):

022010_33.jpg

022010_39.jpg

I didnt like the slide stop button, so I filed it down, and cut a recessed spot on my drill press:

1911CitUpgrde_15.jpg

Then I got a EGW barrel bushing and plug. I really like the clean look:

1911CitUpgrde_64.jpg

While it was being fluted, I went ahead and had them mill off the logo and stamp, because I didnt like that either! (not a huge fan of logos on my guns) I replaced the stock slide stop with an extended one, because I had to turn the gun in my hand to reach the button with my thumb. It was not a drop in fit, and had some pretty rough edges on it. Filed it down quite a bit and made it snag free. Now its very nice to operate!

022010_45.jpg

Now Its back from being Cerakoted in a two tone Tactical Gray and Titanium. I really like the way it turned out, and he also did both magazines to match! Very nice touch. I have to get the sites replaced, but I havnt decided what to get yet, if anyone has some recomendations, I'm all ears.

TactGry-Titanium_29.jpg

TactGry-Titanium_12.jpg

TactGry-Titanium_16.jpg

Im currently working on some custom grips for it, and I hope to have those done by this weekend.

Let me know what you guys think!

Looking good. How does the Citadel shoot? I own a RIA tactical (also made by Armscor) and love the thing. Only mods done to it were some Hogue grips, and some Mother's metal polish on the feed ramp (to make it feed SWCs a little better).

As I stated at the begining, I feel it shot really nice. This is my first pistol I have owned that could hit anything past 40 ft (reliably) I put just short of 200 rounds through it at this point, (which I have been told isnt even breaking it in) and I had no issues with the Magtech 230 grain FMC rounds. It feeds hollow points manually, but I have not fired any yet, but that will be rectified soon.

It did shoot a little low and to the left, but a slight rap with a punch on the front site and that cleared that problem up. I am going to pull together a range report with pics once I get the new sights put on it, because I hear these guns shoot differently with different manufacturers, so we will see. Thats still a couple weeks out.

Over all I am very happy with it. :D

I had my gun Cerakoted by a guy by the name of Mike in Port Orchard.

Daughertys Guns

His prices are very reasonable, and he's done a large variety of different firearms. He's also an FFL.

Ya know Ive still been having a difficult time choosing but i prob will end up with the Citadel over the RIA, I kinda like the front and rear serrations plus I like the fact it comes witht he two mags instead of one, mind if I asked what you paid for yours if you got in new?