JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I went to the sportsmans whorehouse and got a couple of sidearms the other day. Both Ruger Mfd. One of them is a 6 shot and the other a little single six (10 shot cyl.)

The big gun works great, shoots right on and is a champ, but the little single six is nothing but trouble.

It is a single action, and I am able to turn the cyl when it is unloaded, but, as soon as I fill the 10 slots with shots, i can get it shoot about 8 rounds, and then it gets totally stuck.

I have triple checked to make sure the rod that holds the cyl is tight and engaged. It is.

I know I can not take it back to the place I got it for liability issues.

Do you think I am better off sending it back to ruger and dealing with the shipping etc, or taking it to a local smith to figure out?

Sounds like the cylinder chamber holes maybe a little rough and the cartridges are sticking after firing. If the loads you are shooting are hot you might try to shoot a different round and see if that helps but if the cylinder chambers are rough the real solution is to smooth the roughness out. I suppose one could do it with the proper tools, but trying to get Ruger to pay to send it back and having them do it would probably be best.

I hear what you are saying, but this sticking happens before the rounds have even been fired, I cant get the cyl to make a complete cycle

1) why can you not take it back to where you bought it?
Most places that I know of won't take them back due to liability issues. If you purchase from them you end up agreeing to deal with the manufacturer in all instances of satisfaction. The deal ends for the retailer the minute you have paid for it and are out the door. At least that's been the case at all of the places I have been to.
2) Why not call Ruger??
A proper thing to do for sure.

Most places that I know of won't take them back due to liability issues. If you purchase from them you end up agreeing to deal with the manufacturer in all instances of satisfaction. The deal ends for the retailer the minute you have paid for it and are out the door. At least that's been the case at all of the places I have been to.

A proper thing to do for sure.

Huh I guess most shops I know of will deal with issues like this. That's why manufacturers have dealers

I called up the folks at Ruger and they emailed me a label for ups shipping (for free.) The gal I spoke with was nice and said they'd make it right.

I have dealt with Ruger customer service once for a defective SR9c. I sent it back, they returned it after being "fixed" with the same problem. I used their link on the website, "Tell the CEO," on a Friday night. I woke up on Saturday with an email from the head of customer service saying that they were going to replace my gun with a new one. The new one I received had no issues at all and I carry it daily. Ruger will definitely take care of you, good luck!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top