JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As stated read the Form. Part a tells you exactly what items this form is needed for, <broken link removed> Did you notice AOW is also not on that form? How much more legal do you want?

Laws are not written to say "yes you can" they are written to say "no you can't" so really hard to post a link that says you can.......

What are you talking about?

What he is talking about is this right on the form;

a. A written request and prior authorization from ATF to transport interstate or in foreign commerce any destructive device, machinegun, short-barreled rifle, or short-barreled shotgun is required under the provisions of Section 922 (a)(4), Title 18, U.S.C., and Section 478.28, Title 27, CFR, a letter of request, in duplicate, containing all information required on this form, may be submitted in lieu of the form.

The part in red ARE the laws if you want to look them up and read them.

From what I have read for the last 15 minutes is that silencers are not required to have a "permission slip" to transport over state lines... JUST MAKE SURE YOUR DESTINATION STATE DOESN'T CURRENTLY BAN THEM!

I've had to use the 5320.20 twice to move from Oregon to Washington and then back to Oregon for my suppressors.

Seems like there is a conflict in opinions here.

Reread Nwcid's post, part a on the back of the form is pretty clear. You need an approved 5320.20 when moving a SBS, SBR, MG, or DD interstate. Silencers and AOWs do not require an approved 5320.20 for interstate travel. You don't need an approved 5320.20 for intrastate movement of any NFA items.

I know of some owners of AOWs and suppressors who (acknowledging that 5320 isn't not required)
will request one anyway if they feel the state they're traveling in might result in some Buford T Pusser
hassling them as a result of ignorance. Having the form in hand has helped them continue on their way
by 'waving the Federal travel paper' in Smokey or Deputy's face.

If you have sufficient lead time and are so inclined, it's free and not that big a deal to request one.

We know quite well that even in the face of legal ownership, a local LEO can still hold you up, even
take possession out of ignorance or confusion.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top