JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
fondled some steel at the toy store during lunch hour...

been bored from shooting thousands of rounds out of plastic semi-autos, been lusting for something that feels solid, something handy, something more traditional - a revolver, never shot one - was looking at some of the popular priced ones - for starters of course - hehe!

.Taurus 357 snub - stiffest trigger I've ever dry fired in my life, felt like a 15+ lb pull, but pretty nice gun overall, surely it will smooth out right???
.Charter Arms 327 - crappy trigger, crappy finish. Pinches my trigger finger - OUCH!
.Rossi 357 - see above
.Ruger LCR 357 - a better and shorter DAO than a SIG P250! smooth constant tension, butt ugly though, I want something stainless!
.Hi Point C9 - just for the fun of it, quirky operation though, upon shaking it, you can hear loose internals in there, trigger has slack, but what surprised me was the pull felt like under 6 lbs, must be from countless dry fires from non-buyers like me. comes with only 1 magazine??? yes I'm that greedy. can be very accurate I hear. even with medium sized hands my pinky doesn't completely fit on the grip, if only they've added an addtional 1/4" inch in lengh.

after work, I got the privilege to wait in line at the DMV for 45 long minutes - my ticket number was 357 :yes: no joke.

Last Edited:
Go try a Python out.But take the credit card ,cause you'll like it and they are spendy.

But out of all the guns you listed,Ruger is the only brand I would buy.Check out the GP100 or the SP101.Strong guns,not perfect triggers but way better all around gun than a Taurus.The Rossi and Charter Arms aren't something I would risk my life on that they would fire

Or try some S&W wheel guns.Those should give you something with a nice trigger and some nice steel.
How about a full size 1911?

try the S&W 686. Great gun. I love mine. This months NRA American Rifleman has a nice writeup on them. Very smooth DA and SA is very good

if only they've added an additional 1/4" inch in length
You know my wife said the same thing.

Go try a Python out.But take the credit card ,cause you'll like it and they are spendy.

But out of all the guns you listed,Ruger is the only brand I would buy.Check out the GP100 or the SP101.Strong guns,not perfect triggers but way better all around gun than a Taurus.The Rossi and Charter Arms aren't something I would risk my life on that they would fire

Or try some S&W wheel guns.Those should give you something with a nice trigger and some nice steel.

+1

Pythons are really nice and spendy. I bought an Anaconda after fondling one in a store. I didn't really want to buy it but I just couldn't leave it.:)

I do have the .357 Taurus snubbie, a 605 with aftermarket Houge grips (Not that they improve the function, I just didn't like the boot grip) I have fired several hundred rounds thru it, and no it won't "Loosen up", still a hard pull. Wolff Springs makes a kit for it though and one of these days I might order one. For now it is loaded and handy.
I much prefer shooting my old Blackhawk .357 or my S&W J-frame .22 Mag, but the Taurus is accurate enough (Even double action) to do my bidding and it is very reliable, while I'm not in love with it it has enough of my respect to stay.

i have a tuarus .357 in 4" titanium, and it shoots great, the trigger is not as good as my old smith, but the smith was 3 #s and 0 creep, da i would say this taurus is close to 10#'s, sa i would say 5 with about a 16th" creep, not bad for what it is. but I didn't pay smithor colt prices, and it is titanium, ported and no longer made.... nice lite .357 for a woods gun, its perfect for me... i think tauruses get a bad rap because they are clones, yes this gun maker copied smith and colt , or smith or colt, or colt and smith, but for the cost, they shoot well. just find one with a trigger you like i have noticed they can vary.

Yup - Hard to beat the feel of shooting real steel. My Last acquisition was a CZ 75BD. I was holding out for a High Power or a Commander in 9mm but not too many were showing up and when they did the prices were prohibitive. The CZ came up, the price was right and it shoots great.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top