1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

fnx tac 45

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by IheartGUNS, May 22, 2013.

1. IheartGUNS

IheartGUNS WaCo Well-Known Member

I don't like spending more than 5-600 on a plastic gun, but for some reason, I'm really liking the fnx tac 45. Is it worth the money? Anything special about this gun? Why is this gun so expensive?
  2. DieselScout

DieselScout S Clackamas County Well-Known Member

Standard threaded barrel, higher sites (for shooting over your suppressor you got shortly after buying a gun with a threaded barrel) and the slide is milled and tapped for a red dot site (includes two bases for red dots as well). I've got an FNX 40 and really like it. If I was in the market for that style of 45 I'd go with the FNX-45 Tactical and not look back.
  3. 45 for me

45 for me Oregon Well-Known Member

You do pay a little for the tacticool. It is an FNX 45 + $500. For that you get a nice bag, 3 mags, a threaded barrel, and the milled slot & cap. I don't know if they fixed this, but early magazines had trouble feeding overlong Winchester white box 45 acp. The mags were basically not long enough. It is quality, with a great capacity for a 45, and works well with a suppressor. You would be hard pressed to beat the price if you were making your own, and the barrel might require fitting on an aftermarket barrel. I wouldn't get it unless I was adding a red dot or suppressor.

It will bring a smile to your face. Here is my cousin shooting it for the first time:

wou42 and (deleted member) like this.
  4. 9MilMan

9MilMan Milwaukie Active Member

If you have no real plans to use a red dot or supressor, spend 600ish on an FNX-45 and another 100ish on night sights and use the rest to by holsters and ammo.