Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Fnp9

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by parsons_12b, Dec 3, 2009.

1. parsons_12b

parsons_12b LaPine Oregon Well-Known Member

Anyone here have any experience with a FNP9 I shot one today and liked it but know little about them looking for some input.

Thanks
    J.P.

2. crabman21

crabman21 Wilsonville,Ore Member

I have a fnp 40 and love it. very accurate and the take down is like a sig.:thumbup:

3. Intervention

Intervention NW Member

I have both the FNP-40 and FNP-9M, both have been flawless and have very nice triggers. My only complaint would be for concealed carry the decock levers stick out a bit.

4. swoop

swoop Milwaukie, Oregon Well-Known Member

Have the FNP-45 & 40 lots of features, very accurate, will shoot all brands of ammo, and built like a tank. Never talked to anyone that had any trouble with one. :thumbup:

5. onearmedswordsman

onearmedswordsman Hillsboro, OR Member

You may check this site:

http://www.best9mm.com/

I can say I owed one for 24hr. Never fired it. But wanted an M4 too bad and so it had to go. Will rectify that ASAP. :)

6. onearmedswordsman

onearmedswordsman Hillsboro, OR Member

I also own a P229 so they begged a comparison. Similar guns, but at a fraction of the cost of a Sig. Only the decock lever felt a little weird. Guess once you get used to it, it is a non-issue.

7. Thule

Thule Monroe, WA Member

FNP's are great guns. I have one in 40 and 45 and my sister carries one in 9mm.

For the longest time, FNP's were the best kept secret in the pistol world. A couple of years ago when FN was forcing dealers to buy their "Stocking Dealer" package in order to buy PS90's and FS2000's, dealers were unloading them cheap and you could pick up a brand new one for about $340. I paid $300 for my FNP 40 and I wish I had bought more of them :(

If you shop hard you can still sometimes find one that someone is willing to let go for cheap but it's getting harder now that the word is out on them.

8. parsons_12b

thanks for the input guys that is why i come on this board. I think if i can get rid of a few things I will get one.

9. Will

Will Everett Active Member

As everyone has already expressed It's a nice pistol. I have a FN-40 and had it for almost two years with out a ftf and it eats what ever I feed it.

The only issues I have had is finding a holster I like for CC. Any suggestions IWB or OWB, I prefer leather.

10. swoop

I use a Galco OWB slide holster for my G-22 found that my FNP-40 fits in it just as well. For IWB I'm finding that the CrossBreed supertuck is my favorite holster. Kydex on leather, but pretty easy on the finish of your pistol.

11. parsons_12b

SO I sold the Glock 21 I had and bought a FNP9 what can I saw I went out and braved the 11 deg weather this morning to put 50 rounds through it love it I don't think it will replace my XD 45 as a carry gun but definitly will be one I shoot alot.

12. swoop

Good for you parsons, the FN9 will be a nice range gun to go with your carry .45 but burrrr! 11 deg. bet it was a quick shoot. :D