JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So today I went to a very packed range to test my 9mm's. I did not shot as well as I would have liked, but I wanted to see which one of the 3 was the most accurate with my sloppy shooting lately. I was in a short bay, so I did a 3 yard 10 round standing, 7 yards, (5 round kneeling behind cover, 5 round standing)and 12 yards (5 rounds kneeling supported bench, 5 rounds standing).
First up was the FNH FNX 9mm. Left to right was tight, vertical was terrible. I want to give this one another go because I feel it was the first round and i was a little tight.
fnx.jpg
Second was the FNH FNS 9mm. A lot better grouping
fns9.jpg
Last was the M&P 9mm. Again, better grouping
m&p9.jpg

So I scored myself from 1 vertical line, and 2 horizontal lines, add up the measurements for a score. At the range I had a showdown between the M&P and the FNS. So I did one shot at a single black dot at 7 yards standing.
So here is where I came up with:
1: FNS
2: M&P by 1/2"
3: FNX way out.

Again, you can make fun of my shooting today, I did. I have not shot in so long due to no ammo I am a bit rusty.

fnx.jpg

fns9.jpg

m&p9.jpg

I would imagine that the mechanical accuracy of those 3 would be very similar, why do you think you shot better with one over the others ? trigger, sights grip etc ?,

So the fnx I fired first. It ay have been me, grouping of the M&P and FNS was around 6 inches in diameter. The fnx I couldn't do elevation, left to right was like 3 inhes. So trigger was not an issue, and the fnx has a better trigger than the FNS. I need to run it through again.

since you have fnh pistols I have a question for you is the recoil spring designed the same way as the fn 5.7? and how is the recoil on them I have shot cz, beretta and I currently have a s&w compact the reason I am asking is my wife likes to shoot with me but she don't like the recoil on the smith and she don't like the price tag on the fn 5.7 haha but I could talk her into the 9mm if it doesn't have recoil of the s&w any help you could give would be appreciated thanks

since you have fnh pistols I have a question for you is the recoil spring designed the same way as the fn 5.7? and how is the recoil on them I have shot cz, beretta and I currently have a s&w compact the reason I am asking is my wife likes to shoot with me but she don't like the recoil on the smith and she don't like the price tag on the fn 5.7 haha but I could talk her into the 9mm if it doesn't have recoil of the s&w any help you could give would be appreciated thanks

I have an FNS 9 and the recoil is almost non-existent my father has an FNS 40 and its a lot milder than most .40 cal. The FNS is smooth as butter in opinion, shot one alongside a Glock all day log and prefer the FNS hands down. YMMV

I am not full educated on the 57 recoil, never shot it, but I will say that the fn guns are smoother than my M&P. price is good, better than late model sigs IMO

I like the fnx, i really do, and after shooting the fnx again, i like it very much. Recoil is very balanced as aquiring the target after the first shot is extremely easy. I don't like the word cheap with this gun, because it is very well made. I would put it up against a SIG P229 or SP2022 anyday. Maybe a little behind a H&K P30L just because of the grips that are so natural on an H&K

I have an FNS 9 and the recoil is almost non-existent my father has an FNS 40 and its a lot milder than most .40 cal. The FNS is smooth as butter in opinion, shot one alongside a Glock all day log and prefer the FNS hands down. YMMV

I've had my FNS 40 now for 2 months. Besides my Colt Commander, it is the nicest pistol I have owned.

I think FN is doing well at slowly coming in the market. Building a well built pistol is a great start, doing it at a price point in the 5-600 dollar range is even better. Our hobby use to be some what affordable. Ammo was cheap, guns were reasonable in cost. Now its changed a bit, even gun prices prior to Dec 2012 was high. I guess looking at early 2000's when a springfield XD was 349.00. Then they became popular and we know the pricing now. All and all, I was thinking of letting go of the FNX, but I can't, won't. I now refuse to replace a gun, I will add on.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top