Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

FNH FNS 40 for LE

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by boats911, Jan 30, 2013.

1. boats911

boats911 OR New Member

can someone point me in the right direction...or.... to the right gun shop?

ive been searching for FNS40 black w/NS and cant seem to find what i need in stock. it has to be LE specific and i need it now(or soon enough depending)

all i seem to find, are dealers in the south or east coast.

need help

2. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

what's LE specific?

3. boats911

boats911 OR New Member

law enforcement/military pricing or packages. i believe they also have different serial numbers.
    glock, s&w, fnh, sig sauer to name a few provide deals and services for LEO and military

4. mkwerx

mkwerx Forest Grove, OR Well-Known Member

the difference between the LE FNS and the civie FNS is the thumb safety - FN refuses to sell the non-safety equipped models to civilians and makes their distributors sign agreements not to sell the LE guns to non-LE personnel.

If you don't mind the thumb safety model and are willing to drive, Fisherman's Marine in Tigard had a .40 FNS, with black slide, night sights and 3 mags in their case last time I was in there.

5. mkwerx

mkwerx Forest Grove, OR Well-Known Member

Oh - you could always see if OMB Guns has them in stock - they are FN's #1 LE distributor - you might be able to get a gun shipped in from them to your local shop. They should be able to get you the LE specific gun w/o the thumb safety.

6. kLewis

kLewis Beaverton, OR Active Member

MK Tactical in Hillsboro is an FN LE dealer, or Albany Guns, Coins + Jewelry had a number of FNSs in stock a week ago(in Albany, of course).