JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been eyeballing the 9mm FN509 and really like how it feels on my hands.
Anybody have experience? One thing that makes me hesitant is the cost of the mags... youwza!
Anyway and first hand knowledge is appreciated.
Thank you

I have a 509 tactical... not sure if that applies to what you're looking at or not.

I bought one and love it. However I've only run 50ish rounds through it.

Personally I don't like hinged triggers so before I shot the stock trigger I put in an apex tactical. I'm in love with the package.

It fits my hands very well and makes me feel like I can hit whatever I aim at.

However... mine has ate a lot of money gettjng to the point it is... Gun + dpp + apex + Inforce apl = wife cant know about it. I want to get an aplc for it next time they go on sale.

I should get some more of the 24 round mags, but in all honesty I think I'll stock up on the 17 rounders and just use the 24's for showing off.

All in all my 509 tactical is making me want to buy a fns9c as my carry. Maybe when funds allow it I'll grab one.

Ignore the Ruger in the picture. It's out of place

D7BD5DED-EC43-4087-87E6-48814FAB20DA.jpeg

Dont overlook the fns line. I love my fns9c. I'm not a fan of hinged triggers either but that's because S&W triggers suck. My fns's trigger doesnt bug me at all and it has the best trigger of any striker fire gun I've had. Not sure why they actually released the 509. It seems pretty similar to fns line.

Give a look see at Caniks, your local Sportsmans Warehouse might have various versions in stock so you can compare hand fit at least (vs the FN). Several palm grip backstraps normally come with them, simple pin install.

Great triggers, run and run...and run.

We have a bunch of Canik TP9 SF's. They now have suppressor ready versions as well as DA/SA versions out.

New TP series magazines run ~$20-$30, capacity and store depending.

Give a look see at Caniks, your local Sportsmans Warehouse might have various versions in stock so you can compare hand fit at least (vs the FN). Several palm grip backstraps normally come with them, simple pin install.

Great triggers, run and run...and run.

We have a bunch of Canik TP9 SF's. They now have suppressor ready versions as well as DA/SA versions out.

New TP series magazines run ~$20-$30, capacity and store depending.
Will do Thank you

Will do Thank you

No prob.

If you find they work for you, and want to run lights, Procraft Tacitical up Albany made some nice Kydex holsters for ours with Streamlights when we lived up Salem way. Shops out of his house.

The holsters that come with them are passable, I believe the newer ones do not have a risky retention release button (near the trigger well). Not sure on that though, as we haven't tried the newer holsters. Just seen them.

Kinda nifty that some of there models come with a holster anyways though. Normally 2 mags/holster/blackstraps/mag loader. Good value on great guns.

l have an FNS. The trigger is not great. I've thought about the Apex kit but that would be nearly $700 into it. More than a Walther, which I also have and is better all around or VP9 which also has a much better trigger.

But to make the FN pistols on par with the competition, you have to spend more. If I were starting from scratch I might go with the CZ P10 which wasn't available when I bought.

Installing the apex trigger comes with its own headaches...

Luckily I have a lathe and vertical mill at my disposal and could make proper fixturing and tooling to drive the pins out. The picture attached doesn't look like much but it was require to properly work on it.

I do not recommend relaxing the trigger unless you're fairly knowledgeable or mechanical interference!

BD858089-C21E-4FDF-B92E-4D72D9F79CC4.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads