JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
F5B577B7-28DF-462D-A29C-8031B47F823C.jpeg

Spanish "Libia" in .25acp with FN 1905 magazine. It's the gun on the left. ;)

This is a cool piece with interesting background. Made by Beistegui Hermanos in Spain between 1909 and 1936 as a copy of the FN 1905 / Colt 1908 Vest pocket pistol. Those designs went on to become the Baby Browning. Beistegui Hermanos is still around today, but they currently make bicycles. At the time, Spanish pistol makers were trying to get into the European gun market that was dominated by FN Herstal. The roll mark on this gun says FABRIQUE D'ARMES DE GUERRE DE GRANDE PRECISION, to trick potential consumers into thinking it was the roll mark on the FN 1905, Fabrique Nationale d'Armes de Guerre.

This particular specimen has two sets of proof marks; the original Eibar proofs, and a second set of Belgian proofs.

Cool, accurate, tiny pistol, also known as the "Triple Safety" (thumb safety, grip safety, magazine disconnect safety). All matching serials. These are solid all steel pocket pistols. Willing to hear trade offers, not particularly wanting to sell. Comes with a partial (39) box of Winchester .25.

Update 2/10: just took her to the range today, still fun. I shot about 50 rounds. Could use a refresh on the recoil/firing pin springs. My uncle has a matching one these and pointed me towards this when he saw it for sale. Comparing with his, I found three coils broken on the original firing pin spring when I first bought it. It goes bang when you pull the trigger, but the firing pin also acts as the ejector on these. With the shortened spring, the pin doesn't always protrude from the breech face long enough when cycling before engaging the sear to reliably eject the spent round. Rack, bang every few rounds on FTE. Wolffs has spring sets for $10, worked great for my uncle.

Update 3/20: ordered a new set of springs from Wolff Springs, will update after delivered and tested, or will give to new owner if it goes before then.

Last Edited:
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.