JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know it may be a Ford/Chevy thing, but why do I want one over the other(specifically). I know the difference in what they do.

I have a suppressor, so stealth wise I could use that.

What about when I am not using the suppressor? Is it gun dependent?

At this time 5.56 and 7.62x51/308 are the calibers in use.

Thanks

P.S.- The new Brakeout 2.0 was a consideration, but I read a test of multiple devices and it fared middle of the pack. Anyone here actually have hands on experience with it?

I believe there are flash suppressor setups that have a quick attach for the sound suppressor.

My preference has always been for a flash suppressor unless the firearm is something that really needs a brake, like a .50 BMG or a magnum handgun. I do have a hybrid comp on a .45 ACP, but that is setup for pin shooting.

For what application?

For competition shooting, definitely a brake.

For plinking, either or.

I personally like muzzle brakes as they provide easy follow up shots. And I do not mind the concussion. And I could care less about people next to me who complain about the concussion...it's a gun...guns go bang.

I believe there are flash suppressor setups that have a quick attach for the sound suppressor.

My preference has always been for a flash suppressor unless the firearm is something that really needs a brake, like a .50 BMG or a magnum handgun. I do have a hybrid comp on a .45 ACP, but that is setup for pin shooting.
+100% this^

I am trying to get a quick attach set up for the suppressor, they have either.

I figured if I was worried about the flash, use the suppressor. The flash hider is kind of redundant.

For just plinking without the suppressor, the brake. I am not worried about the flash, and as said the concussion is not affecting me.