JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Went to the range for the first time today with my new 1911. It's a Remington R1S Enhanced. VERY nice trigger right out of the box! These are my results at 7 yards. I need to adjust the rear sight to bring things a little to the right, but other than that I'm happy.
target-45.JPG

Then I brought out the Ruger LC9 to see if my sight adjustments had worked out since a fired a few shots at an indoor range. Looks like they did. Again, I'm happy with that. The looooooong trigger pull on the LC9 gave me a wider group than the .45. That flyer at the bottom was my first shot and it was entirely my fault.

target-9mm.JPG

One issue I discovered with the LC9 using Blazer FMJ ammo is that it locked open with one round left in the magazine. The last round was jacked slightly forward in the factory magazine, probably from recoil. Releasing the slide lock resulted in a normal feed of the last round. I duplicated the problem several times in a row by loading two rounds in the magazine. It locked open on the first shot every time. I have not had this issue with the LC9 before, and I put about 30 rounds of Remington FMJ through it previously. This was the first time shooting the Blazer ammo, and it was all I had with me, so I couldn't try a different brand/type, or a different magazine. Thoughts?

Dunno for sure, I'm pretty new at this.

Maybe give it a good clean/lube & run some more Remington through it, then try the Blazer again.

I have the LC9S model, Blazer & Sellier & Bellot run fine in it from new. Russian steel cased stuff, not so much. Similar failures as you mention running Tulammo plus a couple stove pipes.

Also if you have a chance, try out an S model. Supposedly a marked improvement over the LC9 trigger.

I'd be happy to let you try mine out over at ARPC, if your thinking on getting a new one. Else best to train with what you have.

Seven yds. [21 ft.] is pretty close for a full size gun.
I shoot that distance with my mouse guns like the Rohrbaugh 9mm. But it only has a 4-1/4'' sight radius [If you can call them sights. More like little bumps]. With a 2-3/4'' barrel.
And a looooong double action trigger.

A gun like the 92fs will have a 6-1/4'' sight radius. About 50% more to work with.

I would ask you to challenge yourself and move out to 25yds. then 50. The gun can do it. ;)

Last Edited:
Take this for what it's worth, I'm only going off of my personal experience. making sight adjustments off of a 7 yard group is kid of dicey. Yes the sights could be off but is more likely the shooter's trigger control that is pushing one way or the other. In my case a bunch of practice and dry fire adjusted the sights just fine.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top