JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
WAS FREEKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Seriously though, I did my first comp today at Douglas Ridge. I had a great time, all the guys shooting were very helpful and friendly. I have been in the RC hobby racing go fast cars and rock crawling for a long time and at alot of those races and comps guys can be very stand offish and snobby. There was not an ounce of that today at Douglas Ridge.
I brought out my CZ SP-01 Tac with out even a single shot fired, brand new out of the box. It did crazy good, super accurate (more than me lol) and not a single feed issue, misfire, light strike nothing. Right out of the box it shot like a champ.
I was a little nervous at first but the laid back guys were awesome, I quickly relaxed and started having fun.
Thanx guys for making it a great first comp for me. I will definaly be to many many many more, im hooked!!!
I think I did pretty well I only had 1 no hit, I wasnt crazy fast and I didnt try to be even though it seems when I shoot fast I am more accurate, at least when target shooting.
I just wanted to get through the courses with out any saftey issues, Im bad with keeping my finger out of the gaurd when moving. Just not used to moving and shooting so much i guess. I didnt do it all today while moving but did do it once while a not moving reload, which was very nicely brought up to me after. They could have been adament or rude but they wer not at all. Again the guys were cool as hell and cant wait to shoot with them again.
I will post my scores when i get them and when my buddy sends me one of the vids I will youtube them and post them.
Awesome day I had so so much fun!!!
sorry vid sux it was an after thought, i the one in the grey shirt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD6hoxcvBe4&feature=share&list=UUsPHpwfQagPOJKPGhcuB02g

in all the firearms comps i've entered,my experience has been the same of yours.FUN !! and very friendly people.
i'm off this morning to speed steel,at tri county. it's a hoot !

Yes you need to come shoot Speed Steel!!!!

Speed Steel is open to Center fire and .22 rimfire Pistols. .22 Carbine rifles are also allowed. Optics (red Dots) are popular with 22s. Distances are 5-30 yards.

Round count is 125-135 if you don't miss. I shoot a hopped up Ruger 10/22 and usually show up with a 500 rnd box of ammo. If your shooting center fire I'd bring 200-250.

Come on down, we run new shooters through all the time at the Speed Steel Monthly is the most popular qualifying match for those who have been thru the Action range cert class (you have to compete in 1 match before you can complete certification)

If you are a non gun club member you can shoot as you will be supervised under ROs.

I heard that Intro Class at ARPC was pretty good. :cool:

The USPSA Match is this coming Saturday at ARPC.
ARPC Calendar

Great bunch at Albany.

And if you get there early there will be coffee in the Stat Shack, (first building on the North Range)

Let me know if you have any questions.

Rod
"Mr. Coffee"

I heard that Intro Class at ARPC was pretty good. :cool:

Rod
"Mr. Coffee"

Don't be shy now Rod- you were a great asset at the class by being a "demo shooter" and also sharing your real world experience. Thanks :s0155:

Those guys from OSU were pretty good for handgun beginners. Oh, to be young again with great reflexes and excellent eyesight!!!

Think you missed it when I asked if they had heard what the Ducks score was. In unison, they replied "who cares"! :s0114: Got to appreciate school loyalty!

I plan on being there next Saturday for my first competition. So what's the deal for us new guys. Do we really have to wear flourescent safety vests and a beanie with a flashing light on the top?

. . .

I plan on being there next Saturday for my first competition. So what's the deal for us new guys. Do we really have to wear flourescent safety vests and a beanie with a flashing light on the top?

There are a few things to do for your first match;

1. Get there early, around 8, and walk through the bays to get an idea of the layouts and course of fire
  2. Ask questions of the others that will be walking through
  3. Visualize your movements, and reloads
  4. Don't expect too much from your first time through, you will miss, and you will hit no shoots.
  5. Remember the 7 Deadly Sins, focus on getting through safely
  6. Breath
  7. And of all else, remember to have fun.

So another question, The sp01 shadow target has the tuned springs 13 and 11 ss guide rd and no creep trigger and they say on the website that it is uspsa production legal. Could I tune my sp01 tac to a version close to that with the lighter 8 and 4lb no creep pulls and use the tuner springs and ss guide rod and still be legal?

I have a hard time leaving well enough alone lol

So another question, The sp01 shadow target has the tuned springs 13 and 11 ss guide rd and no creep trigger and they say on the website that it is uspsa production legal. Could I tune my sp01 tac to a version close to that with the lighter 8 and 4lb no creep pulls and use the tuner springs and ss guide rod and still be legal?

I have a hard time leaving well enough alone lol
As far as I know, the answer to your question is "yes" :)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top