JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's a huge price difference between the Geisselle and the Rock River. I may have to start out with the rock River and potentially upgrade at a later time. Just starting out from scratch so lots to buy.

Thanks for the responses!!!!

Storeytime! Way back around 2004 I was at a High Power match down in PHX and a new shooter walked up to the gunsmith that was there and handed him his brand new AR and asked the 'smith what he should do to it. The 'smith handed it back and said "What you should do is shoot at least a case of ammo through it and then come back and tell me what it needs"

To be fair, the 'smith could have done things (and charged the guy for it!) to make the rifle shoot better, but sometimes what needs to happen is the owner needs to become a better shooter

JMHO but if you are just starting out the RRA and $200 worth of good ammo would be a better investment than the Geisselle, which I agree is worth the money

Concur with Vinnie. Like to add get/buy some repair center… so you know how you are soothing… I was given a stack when I was asking an old shooter what to get for HP…

Lastly, if you gotta have a better trigger… look at LaRue… not fancy but good feeling trigger at a ver competitive price…

What is getting to be decades ago, we would send RRA 2-stage triggers to John Holliger at White Oak Precision. For a reasonable fee, he would work them over and send them back.

I see that White Oak Armament branch is retailing Geisselle & ALG triggers now.

Geisselle just had a "sale", I am not sure if it is still active.

Also @ron might be able to share his experience on this topic.

Get the Geissele, mine is 10 years old and it's still amazing. I bought a Rock River for my back-up lower, its just OK. Buy once, cry once. It's like the old joke....why is divorce so expensive....becuase it's worth it.

The Geissele is the best. The RRA is decent if you are on a budget. Don't waste money on a Larue. They are not for the High Power game.

The best shooters run Geissele triggers for a reason.

The RRA is a decent entry level trigger. They tend to lighten and not make weight. The two I have, I have had to bend the spring legs to make weight.

The Larue is rather poor for high power, I tried a couple. The standard spring would not make weight on any of them when new. They were less than advertised weight. Part of the weight issue is likely the trigger bow geometry, it is to far back and causes the trigger test weight to hang far out at the end of the trigger. The other issue I have with a Larue is the very wide and flat trigger bow. I can only guess they do that is to save on machining or manufacturing.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top