JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It was actually my first time firing any handgun bigger than a .22 and that was probably 10 years ago. I bought a Hi Point C9 after much research because i had a very limited budget. I took my wife to the range yesterday and it was a really good experience, they were extremely helpful and knowledgeable. My wife put her first 6 rounds all within about 5 inches of center of each other at 7 yards, i was very impressed as it was her first time ever shooting a gun.

We put 1 50 rd. box through it with no issues at all so I was very pleased. I only loaded the first 4 magazines with 6 rounds each and did 7 rounds each after that as I read about feeding issues and other problems with a full 8 round mag. It actually had alot more kick to it than i thought it would, and the handle seems a bit short for me as I am a pretty big guy. I will definately know what to look for as far as "feel" goes on my next purchase which will probably be a semi auto 40 or 45. They have guns you can rent there so I will try a 45 some time and I really want to try the 44 magnum revolver for fun.

I have a few general questions for some of you that may own a C9 or you guys who regularly camp.

-How do I adjust the site on this gun? At 10 yards I was aiming dead center for the head and all of the shots were within about 4 inches of each other low on the left side of the neck. I looked at the gun when i got home and found the rear site was totally off and noticeablly crooked......

-I have read alot about polishing the feed ramp and watched a ton of videos on you tube. Is this something i should do if i have feeding problems or should i just send it in?

-What is the "break in" period for this gun, and what exactly should i do?

-How often should i clean it? I will probably only take the slide off to clean it, i dont really want to go any deeper and screw anything up.

-How many of you without chl's (I do not have a chl) open carry when you are out camping here in oregon? I bought the gun for protection for me and my family for home and while we are camping this summer. I had originally planned on keeping it put away in the tent or truck but as i think about it more that does not seem like a good place for it in an emergancy.....I bought a holster so I now plan to open carry while we are out in the woods or at our campsite. Have you guys ever had any issue with this with Rangers or fellow campers around you being intimidated or anything? All opinions are appreciated.

Thanks everyone!

First off the C-9 was also my first handgun. I have not had any feeding issues at all. And with about 500 rounds I am pleased. If you start to have issues the call hi point and they will probably have you send it in.

I would recomend cleaning it after each use but, I would leave the slide on. The manual recomends you should not take it apart cause you could void the warrenty and if you have issues then send the gun in.

Before I got my chl I always carried my C-9 open while camping. Now it is just my truck gun.

All in all I hope you enjoy your hi point and I hope some of this helps.

Hungus

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads