JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$700
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
7.62x54R
City
Walla Walla/OLY/PDX
State
Washington
Zip Code
VKT Finnish M39, with discrete import marks. I bought this rifle years ago and shot 30 rounds of non-corrosive ammo through it, that's it.

I will throw in whatever 54R ammo I have left, which off memory is 10 loose rounds of Barnaul, 40rds of surplus Russian 54R (I was told it was steel core, but never verified myself), and 10-20rds of various ammo on stripper clips, but is subject to change.

I'll be in the OLY area April 30-May 3rd, and PDX from May 4-6. Willing to meet within reasonable distance along these corridors, but I will likely be going to Bellevue on May 2nd as well.

$700 OBO. Not looking for much in the way of trades but feel free to shoot, especially if the trade is in my favor.

List of partial trades:
  • CGS Group Tri-Lug Adapter
  • 1/2x28" Keymo Muzzle Device
  • Nitride/DLC/TiN/NiB bolt carrier group from a reliable manufacturer
  • Ambi Charging Handle (Preferably Aero Breach or Geissele SCH/ACH)
Please see my other listings including lots of C&R Rifles/pistols. Willing to work out a bulk deal. I'm trying to downsize and get cash to buy a house, but I don't need to sell either.

DSCF8517.jpg DSCF8518.jpg DSCF8519.jpg DSCF8520.jpg DSCF8521.jpg DSCF8522.jpg DSCF8523.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
The bore and rifling are both excellent. Either the Finns didn't use corrosive 7.62x39, or were much better about cleaning their guns than the Russians were!

I'm pretty sure that the Finns didn't use corrosive 7.62x39 in their M39s. :D

The bore and rifling are both excellent. Either the Finns didn't use corrosive 7.62x39, or were much better about cleaning their guns than the Russians were!
These shoot 7.62x54r. Russian ammo was only a substitute for Finn D-166 200gr loads. The heavier and slower round was more accurate than Russian issued loads.

They came naked from the factory
You sure? I thought Kiväärintukkiöljy was applied at the factory rather than the arsenal. Also, on this stock. Is it a round splice wartime stock, or a post war square splice stock? My 44 VKT has a post war stock and is lighter color and shiny, while my 41 VKT has it's wartime stock and is darker.

You sure? I thought Kiväärintukkiöljy was applied at the factory rather than the arsenal. Also, on this stock. Is it a round splice wartime stock, or a post war square splice stock? My 44 VKT has a post war stock and is lighter color and shiny, while my 41 VKT has it's wartime stock and is darker.
The stock looks to be postwar, with the square splices and reinforcements at the buttplate

The stock looks to be postwar, with the square splices and reinforcements at the buttplate
I have one of these 44' dated. The stock is post war because these were put together after the war and the reason they usually look so fresh. At some point the Finns felt they had enough rifles made and the war end was in sight so completion was not a priority. This is what they look like after years of storage and cosmoline removed.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.