JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a suggestion thread. If you like the idea, use the up arrow to the right of the first post to upvote. Suggestions with more votes get higher priority.
Reactions
I apologize if there is already a thread about this but I looked and didn't find one. If there is please feel free to delete.

Will there ever be an option for people to set permanent filters? Example if I only wanted to see Oregon ads without having to set the filters to Oregon every time I am searching the website.

Maybe this is already an option and I'm am just a dumb dumb. Please lead me to this black magic if it already exists.

Challenge with the idea is: travel is contingent on the deal.

If I live in Beaverton and you live in Salem, you're probably not interested in my gently used bone stock 10/22 for $150.

But if I was selling an older, mint Colt Python for $400 less than market value just to flip it quick - I'd probably have you offering up to meet me in at least Tigard.

You get the idea.

What about cross state lines ads that are willing to ship?

I'm not saying an area filter doesn't have merit…just that perhaps it should be explored further before finalizing a solution.

Challenge with the idea is: travel is contingent on the deal.

If I live in Beaverton and you live in Salem, you're probably not interested in my gently used bone stock 10/22 for $150.

But if I was selling an older, mint Colt Python for $400 less than market value just to flip it quick - I'd probably have you offering up to meet me in at least Tigard.

You get the idea.

What about cross state lines ads that are willing to ship?

I'm not saying an area filter doesn't have merit…just that perhaps it should be explored further before finalizing a solution.
I personally don't want to deal with anyone out of Oregon. I just want the ability to have that automatically filtered when I am browsing. For anyone that wants to deal with other states doesn't have to set their filters. Pretty simple. We are already halfway there lol

Just checked, didn't realize OP wanted permanent filter.

Its not entirely hard to set the filter each time?

Just checked, didn't realize OP wanted permanent filter.

Its not entirely hard to set the filter each time?
No it's hard. But why not? I spend a lot of time on here and having to reset the filters every time just gets annoying lol. I have no social media so if I'm on my phone there is a 90% I'm cruising this forum. Would just be nice to not have to constantly filter.

No it's hard. But why not? I spend a lot of time on here and having to reset the filters every time just gets annoying lol. I have no social media so if I'm on my phone there is a 90% I'm cruising this forum. Would just be nice to not have to constantly filter.
Are you looking to filter out the threads too that are not OR? Or just classifieds? I know many only come here to shop, and that's what it sounds like you spend your time here doing?

Does Amazon offer permanent shipping filters?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top