JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Good Afternoon,

Filling magazines with rubber gloves to keep finger prints off of the brass surface... does anyone have a recommendation for something to wipe the brass cases off with to remove any possible fingerprints that will not negatively impact the primer chemistry?

...asking for a friend...

I have my neighbor kid "Johny" load out all my mags with new in the box ammo, so I never touch the stuff. I consider myself a Tuder, teaching the youth about firearms. :s0078:

The "we found a print " is 99% bluff as finger print oils are burned off brass upon firing in most cartridges. Otherwise more gun crimes an murders would of been solved. Had a good long chat with a buddy that did FBI firearm forensics.

Could just use a revolver?

Jokes aside:
That being said, if I'm using a firearm for self defense, it's for a good legal reason. Though I have my gripes about the government and its tyrannical control, I'm not hiding anything nor do I intend to use my carry firearm for anything other than legal self defense. And even then, I hope to god I never get in that situation. I don't want to take a life unless I absolutely have to. My goal is to simply stop a threat should I have to.. but more importantly de-escalate and walk away if possible.

Where I think this question leads is, nefarious intent. Possibly road rage or petty squabble where the use of a deadly weapon isn't at all justified and that friend may not want to get caught.. And if that's the case, I don't condone that type of firearm
usage at all.

Where I think this question leads is, nefarious intent. Possibly road rage or petty squabble where the use of a deadly weapon isn't at all justified and that friend may not want to get caught.. And if that's the case, I don't condone that type of firearm
usage at all.
I think it leads more of the tyrannical thought thread than what your suggesting

I'd wipe them down with a good solvent, then a soft cotton rag. Maybe your "friend" is contemplating assuming an elevated position above some hamas/Nazi riot and doing society a favor?? Let me know where to send my ammo donations.

Good Afternoon,

Filling magazines with rubber gloves to keep finger prints off of the brass surface... does anyone have a recommendation for something to wipe the brass cases off with to remove any possible fingerprints that will not negatively impact the primer chemistry?

...asking for a friend...
If you use a Maglula loader, you don't have to get so intimate with the ammo.

Status

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR