JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a friend who wants to sell his Springfield 1911-A1 .45 Loaded SS Target to me for $700. He is including a box of ammo, a shoulder holster and a .22LR pistol. I have the gun now and did brief inspection and it seems to be in good condition. I will do a thorough inspection tonight. This is favorite gun and he needs to sell it so he can go on a guided bear hunt. After looking around this seems to be fair deal, not great but fair. What are your thoughts?

I would want to know the approximate year of mfg of the 1911 Springfield.

Some of the older A1 models came with frames from Brazil that had severe feeding problems. This goes back to around 1998 I believe. I had one that went back to the factory twice and they could not fix the darn thing so I dumped it for a song. That did not make me very happy with Springfield and I have not bought anything from them since. Just a bad experience.

I know their more recent 1911's are well made and very reliable. But I was not impressed with their service. I have had better luck with Taurus and everyone is complaining about their service time line.

I would want to know the approximate year of mfg of the 1911 Springfield.

Some of the older A1 models came with frames from Brazil that had severe feeding problems. This goes back to around 1998 I believe. I had one that went back to the factory twice and they could not fix the darn thing so I dumped it for a song. That did not make me very happy with Springfield and I have not bought anything from them since. Just a bad experience.

I know their more recent 1911's are well made and very reliable. But I was not impressed with their service. I have had better luck with Taurus and everyone is complaining about their service time line.

Springfield still gets frames from Brazil :s0155:

a good deal simply a matter of perception, if you think its a good deal, meets your needs and expectations then it most likely is, if not no matter the price you will never be happy with it and it is not a "good deal"

And Springfield has lifetime warranty, will replace (I know), and as said still uses Brazil's militairy supply house.

Depending on the model it sounds anywhere from a good deal to a great deal.

All SA 1911's frame and slide are made by Imbel of Brazil and that include their custom shop 1911's. If the gun is completely made by Imbel, it will have the made in Brazil mark. The one that's made in their custom shop by a gunsmith will have the US made mark.

All SA 1911's frame and slide are FORGED by Imbel of Brazil and that include their custom shop 1911's. If the gun is completely made by Imbel, it will have the made in Brazil mark. The one that's made in their custom shop by a gunsmith will have the US made mark.

That fits the whole sentence better. "US" guns get final assembly and fitting depending on gun in US.

I have a friend who wants to sell his Springfield 1911-A1 .45 Loaded SS Target to me for $700. He is including a box of ammo, a shoulder holster and a .22LR pistol. I have the gun now and did brief inspection and it seems to be in good condition. I will do a thorough inspection tonight. This is favorite gun and he needs to sell it so he can go on a guided bear hunt. After looking around this seems to be fair deal, not great but fair. What are your thoughts?

What's the .22lr pistol? This could change it from a good deal, to the deal of the century, depending on whether it's Jennings or a S&W Model 41.:D

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top