JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Got rid of a Springfield XD 45 ACP that I didn't care for and replaced it with a S&W M&P 45 ACP service mod. w/thumb safety. So far I really like this gun except hard, and long trigger pull. Thinking about S&W Preformance Center action job to help with trigger.

Would like to hear what experences other people have had with this gun. Has anyone done anything with the trigger? Any problem with ammo feeding or ejecting? Maintance tips or hints.

Any feed-back on this model of 45 ACP or info on plinking reloads and SD ammo that this gun favors would be appreciated.

Shotgun-2

Hey Shotty,
I have the M&P 40, and agree w/ your findings w/ the trigger. Even when compared to my Glock, the M&P trigger is a long pull. Sometimes I find myselft pulling the the left b/c I'm pulling forever. Othere than that, I really like shooting it, moreso than my Glock 40cal.
I've had 1 or 2 stovepipes, but not with me shooting it---a first time pistol shooter--I think he was limpwristing it or somthing. He even cut his hand when the slide came back once, so I'm chocking that one to Operater errors. I'm testing time between cleanings right now. I've shot ~ 120rds w/o cleaning, cheap ammo. No issues yet.

I love mine. I have had no problems at all with over 1000 rounds through it. I agree on the trigger, but it does get a little better with some time (rounds down range). I couldn't be happier with mine, so I bought the 9mm as well. Happy shooting!

I owned a Sig P-220 45 and traded it off a few years back and a few last month bought the Smitty M&P on Gun Broker on impulse. I got her home and dry fired. Whoaaa! Back on GB she went! Sorry, horrible trigger! I want another Sig P-220!

Personally I didn't like the M&P45. I've shot one with the performance center trigger job and was wholly unimpressed. It was smoother, but still excessively long.

That, coupled with it having more recoil than any other .45 I've shot assured that I didn't want one.

However, I have also found that a lot of other places that do trigger jobs, will do things that the performance center would not. As an example, to get rid of the extra travel, they may pre-load the trigger, drill in for an overtravel, and add material to the sear to help reset. You may want to check around for a 3rd party who's willing to do it. I sent my XD45 off to Canyon Creek to get that long nasty reset taken care of. And he did.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top