JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Anybody use an Evolution Weapons System bufferless BCG?

Interesting design. I wonder what the recoil
Impulse is like.

Most bufferless short stroke gas piston designs like scar hk416 etc use the ar180 design. I personally like that ar-180 recoil impulse better than ar15 just cuz less moving and no twang of the buffer tube. Also squeaky clean bolt even after thousands of rounds.

This is one I would really like to try to compare to ar15 and brn-180.

Brn 180

7CAAD2F6-EF08-4798-B804-BA3C03F8A216.png

Evolution

7A33C32B-F897-4581-9909-E0A8E97DA8E9.jpeg

from MAC so it is what it is

Didn't watch the video. I think the whole point of that guy's website is to try to get something to fail and then shoot a video of it failing like it just spontaneously happened. Everyone wants to see those kind of videos so it draws massive views to his site. Just something I've noticed. I'm not saying his videos are worthless just saying take it with a grain of salt because he appears to make things dramatic to create views/$

Didn't watch the video. I think the whole point of that guy's website is to try to get something to fail and then shoot a video of it failing like it just spontaneously happened. Everyone wants to see those kind of videos so it draws massive views to his site. Just something I've noticed. I'm not saying his videos are worthless just saying take it with a grain of salt because he appears to make things dramatic to create views/$
the video just talked a little about the few versions out there some good some not.

It's a $400 gimmick for 18" and longer barrels, which tells me it's not for suppressed use. Oh and apparently it has a 1913 rail? Somewhere? So I can bolt a vfg to my very expensive and fragile BCG... I guess.

I totally want to put non-standard parts in my AR and reduce its reliability, so I can install a pic-mount folding stock with a lousy LOP and horrendous cheek weld.

I totally want to put non-standard parts in my AR and reduce its reliability, so I can install a pic-mount folding stock with a lousy LOP and horrendous cheek weld.
Doesn't have to be 1913 mount. I have folding stocks that use standard ar buffer tubes and stocks. There are pic mount options too but reg AR stocks can be used. Tons of options for guns like brn-180 upper. Can't speak to this evolution arms one. It does look to my eye to possibly be fragile compared to the proven ar-180 short stroke gas piston style but I've never seen it in person so hard to say just from pics.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top