JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Thanks to Carl for a great match today. Glad to see so many new faces interested in the high-power program. For those who are interested the next match, 88 rounds including sighters @100 yards, is scheduled for February 21st at the Estacada Rod and Gun Club at 0800 HRS. Bring out your M1 or AR and have a great time! For more info feel free to go to the Oregon State Shooting Association web page for additional information on shooting high-power, or just send me a message and I can hopefully answer any questions.

Ted

Looks like this Saturday will have something for everyone. There is a full 80 round highpower match (@100 yards) then a M1 Garand match to follow. I heard the match on the 7th at Douglas Ridge was outstanding! I was at the TCGC vintage match on the 7th and that was great as well. Oregon high-power needs as many new shooters as we can!! Bring your AR and M1 for a great time. See you all at Estacada Rod and Gun Club on the 14th....

Ted

Well we had crappy weather but a great turnout today. I had a great time with both the AR and Garand matches. We even had a new junior shooting a club M1 carbine with his mom and dad shooting the AR. High-power season is in full swing with a full calendar of matches coming up. The next 80 round match is on the 21st at the Estacada Rod and Gun Club. Lots of experienced shooters will be there to answer everything from reloading, equipment and of course match shooting. Come out and shoot!!

From the OSSA website. I have never shot a sporter match so I'm not 100% on the format. Any rifle should work.....

Sporter Rifle Course

100 or 200 yards

8 rounds single loaded and fired in 8 minutes from the prone position. Two 4-shot strings each fired in 30 seconds starting prone with the safety off. Two 4-shot strings each fired in 30 seconds sitting with the safety off. 8 rounds single loaded and fired in 8 minutes from the standing position.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top