Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Emerson open on NON-Emerson knife

Discussion in 'Knives & Other Discussion' started by Vaultman, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Vaultman

Vaultman Clackamas Co, Oregon Active Member

I like the concept of the emerson opener on knives. And I really am becoming a fan of the spyderco knives. I checked out emerson knives, and ZT but was curious if there were any other manufactures that have the emerson opener other than the three mentioned (Spyderco, Emerson, & ZT)?

2. OFADAN

OFADAN Brownsville, OR Well-Known Member

Are you referring to the Wave opener? If so then yes. Emersen has licensed a number of custom and production knife makers the right to use on their knives - Fox is one that comes to mind. Just Google "Wave" opener on knives. Lots to choose from.

3. blackadder

blackadder Everett Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Kershaw has a line of Emerson knives with the wave. Considerably cheaper, but I like mine. Not pretty or extremely smooth, but it works.

4. Vaultman

I did not know it was called the wave opener. When I googled that I found more than googling 'emerson opener'. Thank you. That is more what I am looking for.

Dyjital, OFADAN and blackadder like this.
  5. Pandaz3

Pandaz3 Cornelius, Oregon NRA Lifetime Member Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

I have a Emerson Commander and while the knife is impressive the opener is not...for me anyway. Big knife! I also have as a EDC a 350 series ZT. It has the partially serrated blade and the flip nub the works like a dream. Close to 2 inches shorter than the Emerson it is more carry friendly. I will keep the Emerson though, I do like the way it feels in my hand.

I had ordered my Emerson several years ago from Midway. I actually handled the ZT and fell in lust.

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  6. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Both nice knives, different sizes, different usages! I'd take either one!:)

7. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

If you put a single wrap of zip tie through the hole of any tip-up Spyderco it becomes a wave.

8. Vaultman

I have seen that. Thank you for the reminder.