JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Average FPS: 950
Min FPS: 929
Max FPS: 973
Extreme Spread: 44 fps

Ruger 10/22 18" barrel - first shot did not eject. Subsequent shots did.

Shot into one gallon thin skinned plastic jugs of water:
eley subsonic HP.png eley subsonic HP 2.png

Yeah, ELEY Contact is what groups tightest in my Ruger 10-22 with a Kidd Barrel.

Tested 7 different brands. It surprised me that Federal was the worst.

Selling a few boxes of ELEY Contact over on the Classifieds if anyone is interested.

BUT, Only a *Few* boxes :)

Interesting you guys get supposedly such better groups with eley. I heard they were great so I've tried tenex, match and team in my Ruger precision and while good, all three produced groups no better than the others and interestingly, did just as well with (IIRC) bulk federal hollow points. I almost felt let down and am still searching for that "wow" load.

Did you happen to find that ammo online or a brick and mortar? Would love to try some sub sonics

Well, I don't have a precision .22 rimfire rifle, all mine are on the level of a 10/22 - I don't even have a scope on any of them (needed for my eyes). I have a red dot on one of my 10/22s and that is what I used when I tested the Federal match against Remington bulk. I am going to get a scope mount for my Ruger Compact and do some testing with that.

I wanted match grade hunting ammo. For target shooting bulk ammo is adequate for me.
For hunting purposes I am really impressed by Browning BPR (Browning Performance Rimfire) Hollow points. In my testing this round came in second only to Eley Contact in accuracy, and yet its 1435 fps. Wish I could find some more.

For hunting purposes I am really impressed by Browning BPR (Browning Performance Rimfire) Hollow points. In my testing this round came in second only to Eley Contact in accuracy, and yet its 1435 fps. Wish I could find some more.
I will have to give a try. I did want subsonic too though as I am thinking that my first suppressor will be an integral suppressor for a takedown 10/22.