JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've noticed that there are now electric handwarmers available at decent prices. Most that I've seen are USB chargeable and can also multi-task as battery packs and flashlights. Anyone using these? Any pros, cons, recommendations?

Back in the day, there were some that used lighter fluid but that always seemed like an accident waiting to happen. I've been using the disposable warmers.

I got one of these for Wifey Christmas 2020. She saw that her boss had one and thought it was neat.

It works. I think their claimed run time is a bit happy on their part. That means 15 hour on low. She carries it at work pretty much daily during the winter though. She runs it on medium and it runs out during the day. For $36.00 with no shipping I think it's worth a try. On any of this stuff I think not abusing the batteries is a key to longevity too.

W:confused:hat a screwy link?

Wife went electric last year. She got herself an electric vest, so I got her an
electric hand warmer to go with it. Both work well. Primary usage is at
outdoor pistol matches, so maybe 7 hours use. we still keep a few single
use disposable warmers in the range bag, but they don't get much use.
You do have to remember to keep the battery charged up!

I like the disposable ones, Costco usually has a huge pack every year. That lasts me a good period of time. I like the idea of the electric ones, but I'd likely always forget it somewhere. I just keep a handful of the disposable ones in the car/range bag/everywhere.

Do the electric one fit in a glove or do you keep it in your pocket? The reason I ask is because it's my fingers that seem to get the coldest. I end up pulling my fingers out and balling them up in a fist inside my gloves so I can put the disposable warmers on them.

Do the electric one fit in a glove or do you keep it in your pocket? The reason I ask is because it's my fingers that seem to get the coldest. I end up pulling my fingers out and balling them up in a fist inside my gloves so I can put the disposable warmers on them.
I have a couple of fingers that were damaged, and they get COLD, I put one warmer in my palm and one on the back of the hand pushed in close to the fingers, it helps.

Used to 'live' in the Midwest and in the cold my fingers would go white, down to the 2nd knuckle. Literally white. I learned to concentrate on keeping my core warmer with vests and/or layers. Not everyone has the issue I used to have but when your core gets cold it will pull the blood back in to protect itself.

Used to 'live' in the Midwest and in the cold my fingers would go white, down to the 2nd knuckle. Literally white. I learned to concentrate on keeping my core warmer with vests and/or layers. Not everyone has the issue I used to have but when your core gets cold it will pull the blood back in to protect itself.
I used to get "White finger". I figure smokers have a bigger issue with it. I was a smoker for many years at the time I was getting it.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews