JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a rather large head, requiring a 7 7/8 hat size for comfort. I'm looking to get a quality set of electronic ear muffs that will be comfortable. Most of the muffs I've used in the past (all passive) are very tight and I need to pretty vigorously stretch the head band to widen the space between ear pieces.

I really don't want to have to muscle an expensive electronic set like this to make it fit. Anybody have any recommendations for me?

Thanks.

I also bought a Leigh headset and gently overexpanded the headset to be more comfortable. I also bought a set of Noise Fighter gel-filled ear pads alond with the adapter plate. After I put these on, I am able wear my earmuffs all day with very little discomfort as I had experienced before. The Noise Fighters made a huge difference in my comfort.

I have a rather large head, requiring a 7 7/8 hat size for comfort. I'm looking to get a quality set of electronic ear muffs that will be comfortable. Most of the muffs I've used in the past (all passive) are very tight and I need to pretty vigorously stretch the head band to widen the space between ear pieces.

I really don't want to have to muscle an expensive electronic set like this to make it fit. Anybody have any recommendations for me?

Thanks.

Sorry to hear that the swelling never went down when you got dropped on your head as a baby.

I'm kidding!! ;):D

Maybe look into electronic ear-plug type kit... I'm going to look into what's out there later this year.
:s0155:

925A3703-5ADA-4F3B-9CF5-700AC98D5EA8.jpeg

Wrote this review of electronic hearing protection a few weeks ago.
It includes "in the ear" plugs as well as over the ear muffs.

I have a rather large head, requiring a 7 7/8 hat size for comfort.
I'm 8-3/4. Believe me, it sucked playing football, wearing school issued helmets.

Sorry to hear that the swelling never went down when you got dropped on your head as a baby.

I'm kidding!! ;):D

Maybe look into electronic ear-plug type kit... I'm going to look into what's out there later this year.
:s0155:

I am being clairvoyant here, since I know what DLS' situation is, but if you also need to listen through earbuds to radio transmissions while you are wearing the headset, only a headset will meet his need..

I use Walkers. like these;
1.jpg I usually wear a fedora or western hats which do not pare with muffs over the head which also interfere with cheek rest on rifles. Worn around the neck, I like these over buds because you cannot accidently loose them if one falls out in the woods. A tiny button on each end will retract the buds into the device when not needed. they don't take long to charge, sit well in a charged up state, and last nearly all day in the field and you can hear what's happing around you when not firing. While not the highest of ear protection available, they work very well and good enough for me.
Though I don't have a cell phone, you can pare them up with one for phone and music too.

The peltor tep -100 or eep-100 in ears with the scull screws are great they last a full day on the range (8-10 hrs) on a charge,are more effective at noise abatement than any earmuffs made(I shoot indoors and don't even really notice the ar pistol or sbr in the next lane over), you can have a normal conversation while wearing them (I was able to take a phone call on the range without taking them out),and are no more uncomfortable than any other foam plug.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top