JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well everybody the big day is coming. All of the state camp grounds are booked and people are charging stupid prices on Craigslist to camp on there land. If anybody is thinking about seeing this for themselves. I have a close friend that lives next to the Madras airport with 38 acres of flat grass to camp on. My friend is asking just a $100.00 a night to camp. In the Madras area, people have been asking like $1,500.00 for 3 days. Some might not be interested which is cool. But I thought that some might be. It will be a full eclipse in Madras. If you think you might want to check it out. Shoot me a PM and I will have all the details and who to contact. 38 acres can hold a lot of tents. Just something to think about and I thought I would pass it on here.

Last Edited:
I plan on being there. I am an old fart and will not see this ever again.
I'm fortunate enough to be in the path in a grand way here in Albany.

For those who aren't it's kind of "be wise" and ensure a nice place to be.

Gonna be neato

I guess Idaho falls had to pass an ordinance of how many folks you could let camp on your property. I guess they were thinking there would be tons of folks coming to town
Heck with all of the BLM land in this state I can't imagine paying to camp.
I think y'all are doing what you like but I don't get it myself.
But then I did see the one in 79? was it? And I don't like crowds any more

I plan on being there. I am an old fart and will not see this ever again.

I would suggest you be vigilant about keeping your vehicle fueled at all times.
I'm guessing that 50,000 additional vehicles will put quite a strain on that region's ability to provide gas for everybody.
Just a suggestion...

So I heard directly that central Oregon has only a storage capacity for a 3 day supply of gas - for a normal weekend. Read carefully - storage capacity is only 3 typical days worth of gas.

I was also told that MOST of the area cities ICE supplies are already spoken for.... which means there will be a huge shortage.

The worst news is that officials are expecting the drive from Bend to Madras to be an 8 hour drive. I can only imagine how it will be coming over hood.

If you go - go way early and bring extra ice and gas.

People are stupid. The few smart ones are always there to take advantage of them dumb ones.
Yesss... they have been planning this since they bought the property. JUST THINK WHAT FORESIGHT PIONEERS HAD WHEN SETTLING THOSE LANDS! Ya have to be pretty clever to figure "100 years from now, my great grandkids will be raking in the money charging tourists to view the solar eclipse."... LoL
Those that have will always exploit what they have, and the have nots will aslways seek to be those that have. People can be pretty oppurtunistic, to say the least.

It's cool your buddy is helping to accommodate the hoards. It's a pretty reasonable price as well, for that matter.

I don't suppose he would need help regulating this affair? LoL

Late August, 100s of tents and campers on 38 acres. Many thousands of tents and campers on a strip across the Oregon desert. Some one drops a match? A campfire left burning catches a breeze? What could go wrong?

It WILL be entertaining to watch from the comfort of my home.....I truly hope that "Entertaining" will be the word, and not "Horrific". :(

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top