Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Dtv

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Randini, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Randini

Randini Salem Member

As of today I'am not getting FOX,KGW and OPB over the air, others are no problem,:huh::huh: anyone having same issue ?

2. The Duck

The Duck Oregon Active Member

You might have to scan... Even with air TV, some channels are putting out digital over air (i.e. channel 2 and 2.1 and many more like that).

3. MarkSBG

MarkSBG Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

+1

4. timbernet

timbernet Boring, Oregon Member

When the stations were running analog and digital the digital channels were at a temporary spot on the band -- now that they shutoff the analog transmitters a few stations moved the actual radio frequency they were transmitting on. It will still show up on your TV "2-1, 2-2, 8-1, etc" but they exist elsewhere on the band.

So like was mentioned above, have your tuner do a re-scan and it will pickup the stations again.

They will also come in stronger -- now that it is only digital they raised the transmit output power.

5. Randini

Randini Salem Member

I rescanned two times today also have been to the KGW web site and there are lots of postings for the PDX area that say the same thing. that 8.1 10.1 10.2 and 12.1 are not coming in

6. timbernet

Hmm... I haven't turned the TV on yet (never anything good on) -- let me check and see what I see.

7. timbernet

Okay, I turned on the TV and did a "EZ-ADD" and my channel line up looked like:
    2-1
    2-2
    6-1
    8-1
    8-1
    8-2
    8-2
    10-1
    10-1
    10-2
    10-2
    10-3
    10-3
    10-4
    10-4
    etc

Notice the repeating stations? So my tuner still kept the KGW and OPB that didn't work AND the new ones... just wondering if maybe you have duplicates are landing the ones that don't work... maybe...

8. Randini

Randini Salem Member

hmm that is interesting they show up twice I'll have to try some more

9. timbernet

I then went in and deleted the stations that don't work.

10. dolooper

dolooper Coast Range, or thereabouts Well-Known Member

We got digital 8 and OPB fine before the switch. Now 8 is nearly impossible and OPB is pixelated about 25% of the time. This after re-scanning twice.

In Forest Grove.

11. toys

toys PDX Member

Definate +1

i would do it at least once per month anyway.

i noticed as soon as they switched over, the signals all came in even better. even fox 49 was working, whereas it hasnt since last year.

however, i still notice the signals will degrade during windy times.