JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This event has passed and there are no upcoming dates

Upcoming Dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has passed and there are no upcoming dates
Well, had some time to make it to the range today to sight in the Mark IV. Everything went well right up to the point where I finally dialed it in and was ready to start doing some exercises.

The Victory Trigger has an over-travel AND pre-travel screw. The damn pre-travel screw was apparently too far in, and worked itself in a little further as I was shooting. As such, just as I got my Vortex sight dialed in, the trigger wouldn't reset, and I didn't have the hex key with me. :rolleyes: Balls. So, I'm going to back out that screw, and frankly I might just remove it altogether because Appleseed has taught me well, and I never let the trigger go past the reset when I'm shooting anyway. I'm just going to have to make it down to the range again this week after work in order to do some exercises.

So, I moved on to the 10/22 to see if I needed to make any adjustments to that- I didn't. It was still perfectly dialed in at 25 yards, and even from shorter ranges I was pinging steel and busting clay targets with no problems. I can definitely appreciate how easily a holo sight acquires targets compared to a scope, but my scope is all I have for the 10/22. We'll see how things go at the event!

Very much looking forward to seeing everyone there- Heck I don't even care that rain is in the forecast! :D

*Edit*

As I suspected, the pre-travel screw is totally superfluous. If you're only letting out to the reset then there's no need for it, so I've discarded it. The over-travel screw on the other hand is quite nice, and I'll be locking that one in place! One thing is for sure, the Victory Trigger has made a marked difference in trigger pull from the stock trigger. The flat face and the aggressive knurling make for solid finger placement with no slippage, and the trigger pull has been reduced by at least a pound.

Last Edited:
That was so much FUN today! I really enjoyed myself at this Rimfire Challenge event, and I already look forward to the next one.

Major kudos to Ben, a.k.a. Kimber Custom for hosting this event. I can tell that a lot of work went into it, and next time I'm going to volunteer to help out with it too!

Everyone was very chill, and it was really cool meeting a lot of other folks who enjoy shooting sports.

Now that you got your feet wet, you need to try speed steel TCGC (*) and at ARPC. ;)

(*) After further consideration, I cannot recommend speed steel at TCGC at this time. The current administrative handling of this match leaves much to be desired.

ARPC, although twice the distance, is well worth the drive to me, as it's a MUCH better run and put together speed steel match. The overall quality of their match is superior in EVERY way to TCGC's match, but I digress....., as always, YMMV. :)

Last Edited:
Now that you got your feet wet, you need to try speed steel TCGC (*) and at ARPC. ;)

(*) After further consideration, I cannot recommend speed steel at TCGC at this time. The current administrative handling of this match leaves much to be desired.

ARPC, although twice the distance, is well worth the drive to me, as it's a MUCH better run and put together speed steel match. The overall quality of their match is superior in EVERY way to TCGC's match, but I digress....., as always, YMMV. :)

OK, I'm glad YOU said it, because I HAVE been to a speed steel match at TCGC, and I feel the same way you do.

It was probably two years ago, but I got the weirdest vibe from that place and the people running the event. Never wanted to go back again.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top