JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah, I was looking at those too. I prefer the barrel the same length as the ejector rod housing. And I really prefer adj sights (had a Freedom Arms 97 that I could never get to shoot to point of aim, so I got rid of it).

That is very nice. I think I like the shorter barrel length. I have its big brother in 44 mag.

44-one.jpg

How does the Bisley grip handle recoil vis a vis the standard grip shape? That's a sexy revolver!
I have big hands, the standard plow shear grip being narrow at the top and wide at the bottom in bigger calibers rolls quite a bit in my hand where the Bisley grip fits more square in my hand so the recoil is more straight back and manageable. With the plow shear the recoil is absorbed in the fingers and wrist, with the bisley the recoil is absorbed by the shoulders and main body mass would be another way to discribe it. My shooting partner has much smaller hands and prefers the regular grip.

How does the Bisley grip handle recoil vis a vis the standard grip shape?

I had a Super Blackhawk with the 10" heavy barrel and the standard grip. Even with that much weight, I found the recoil painful. OTOH, I tried shooting a .500 Linebaugh gun with the Bisley grip. That turned me into a believer; the Ruger Bisley grip really tames the gun. But not all Bisley's work the same; my FA97 had a Bisley-ish grip but it was too narrow to work as well.

I like blued guns too, but they make me paranoid about rust, so I lean toward stainless.

I have the same Gun as Pizza Bob, I load 3 levels, 240 grain Cast HPs at about over 6.5 grs Unique 850 fps, Just about equal to a 45 ACP, 255 grain Cast SWC , at about 7.5 grains of Unique at 950 for a just a bit more power, and the same 255, SWC under 2400 (I will keep the charge weight to myself there) at about 1100, And that load will kill any thing in Oregon i might ever want to kill ! And does not kick to awful much either !

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top