JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I did a lot of googling and I can find all kinds of information about buying adapters or going from stud to rail, but nothing about going from rail to stud.

I have a free floating rail that I need to mount stud for use with a Harris bipod.

Has anyone drilled and tapped for a sling stud? Did you mount the studs in the low spots or on the high spots? Any pros/cons or watch outs?

I know I could get an adapter, but they add bulk and none seem to work super well with the Harris.

I have made and purchased threaded steel back tabs that fit on the inside of ff rail. A drop of loctite and sandwich it all together and you are gtg!

78965_1196249.jpg

Start looking at steel finger stops. Epoxy or JB weld a sling stud into that after its mounted.

Can't you just use an adapter? They make 1913 rail to stud, m lok rail to stud etc, and they even come with the bipod a lot of times.

View attachment 1328801
I had mentioned that in the main post, "I know I could get an adapter, but they add bulk and none seem to work super well with the Harris." I was thinking installing a stud, would allow the Harris to work like it does on my other rifles.

I had mentioned that in the main post, "I know I could get an adapter, but they add bulk and none seem to work super well with the Harris." I was thinking installing a stud, would allow the Harris to work like it does on my other rifles.
Some of the Harris made ones are super low profile fwiw, PRA one Fe:

If you do it right, there shouldn't be any cosmetic problems.

Or this.

1670880604236.jpeg
If you don't want to tap anything.

1670880629203.jpeg

After seeing your running an already heavy rail system, I'd say just buy this and call it a day.

1670899011319.jpeg

Not sure, can you explain why you don't think it will hold?
I did not say it would not hold. The portion of the bipod that the rifle rests on is approximately 3" long. The adapter you posted appears to be less than 1/3 of that size. That means it would only support right at the mount, not along the surface of the bipod.

I did not say it would not hold. The portion of the bipod that the rifle rests on is approximately 3" long. The adapter you posted appears to be less than 1/3 of that size. That means it would only support right at the mount, not along the surface of the bipod.
Oh, sorry. It's not long enough. Quick search found numerous lengths. Another example. Amazon has a bunch.

1670911024972.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads