JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Dogs 13 and going strong. Starting to have issues seeing and has the grey in both eyes.

Has anyone had them removed in the recent past? Is it real spendy?

I would expect this dog to hang in there's another 3-4 years and would like to improve those years if it's possible.

Joe, 13 years is getting old to put the dog under so you'll want to ask a vet if they think it's wise.
Mine's 16 this year so she won't be going under sedation for much of anything. I believe she has some 'covering' of the eyes as she acts like she can't see as well ,but I'd never try any operation now.
I know her hearing is OK but her volume or selective switch is turned way down,lol
As to your question,I'd guess you'll be at a grand pretty easy.
Good luck with the pup

Joe, 13 years is getting old to put the dog under so you'll want to ask a vet if they think it's wise.
Mine's 16 this year so she won't be going under sedation for much of anything. I believe she has some 'covering' of the eyes as she acts like she can't see as well ,but I'd never try any operation now.
I know her hearing is OK but her volume or selective switch is turned way down,lol
As to your question,I'd guess you'll be at a grand pretty easy.
Good luck with the pup

Thanks that's good info - i didn't think about the sedation part.

He can see and hear, although he acts like he's completely blind and deaf when it suits him lol.

Was just curious as he is still going strong and the last of our three dogs so when he is gone it will be a real struggle to get a new one and I've had dogs with me most of my life so I am sure I will miss having one around (hopefully that won't be for some time) until life is to the point of training a new dog or being able to bring it with me to work.

Appreciate the response.

Cataracts are very expensive to remove. My daughter's dog has cataracts in both eyes. As I recall, it was over $1,000 to do each eye. He was pretty much blind. He finally lost one eye due to the cataract. He gets around the house and yard ok, sort of, but it's a bubblegum watching him. However...it's kind of funny watching the cat harass him! How the damn cat figgered that one out, i'll never know.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top