Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Does Oregon CHL Meet CMP Marksmanship or other Firearms Related Activity?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by jimboshooter, Oct 31, 2012.

1. jimboshooter

jimboshooter West Portland, Oregon Active Member

Does anyone know if an Oregon CHL meets the marksmanship or other firearms related activity with the CMP for purposes of purchasing from the CMP?

I was interested in purchasing from the CMP and have read on a few sites that a CHL meets the requirement. I wanted to see if anyone knew for sure.

2. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Unless you read it does on the CMP web site then no it doesn't

3. jimboshooter

I kinda figured that much too and am not too much in the habit of asking obvious questions. But the CMP site is not super clear, so I thought I would see if anyone has any experience with this requirement.

One of the options to meet the requirement says "Distinguished, Instructor, or Coach status. - Concealed Carry License." It is not really clear (at least to me) what that means. A few other sites I visited suggested it meant a CHL meets the requirement.

There seem to be a lot of people here with a variety of knowledge on all sorts of gun related matters. So, I thought I would reach out to a fellow NWFA brother or sister and see if anyone had better information that what I could glean from the CMP website.

4. no1gman

no1gman Hoquiam, WA New Member

CHL meets the requirement for markmanship.

If you would like, I can email you a copy of the CMP order form that specifically spells it out

5. jimboshooter

PM sent

6. just dan

just dan PDX Active Member

so... if a CHL meets the requirement for the marksmanhip program... the one could order a Garand from them?

$525 for a field grade Garand... hmmmmmm

7. jimboshooter

Well, you gotta pay for a membership (like Garand Collectors Association) for $25 unless you already have a membership at a qualifying club. And you have to pay about $25 in shipping. But, yes.

8. jimboshooter

Oh, and it ships to your house!

9. just dan

just dan PDX Active Member

damn.
    looks like im spending more $... i suddenly "need" a garand.

10. SBC97281

SBC97281 Oregon Active Member

An Appleseed Shoot meets the requirements.
    Appleseed - Join the RWVA

11. Ironbar

Ironbar Tigard, OR Well-Known Member

SBC97281 beat me to it. All you need to do is participate in an Appleseed event, and that meets the requirement for a Garand purchase. That's how I did mine. Not only do you get your marksmanship form for CMP, but you also get some GREAT basic marksmanship training that is totally worth it!