JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone know if an Oregon CHL meets the marksmanship or other firearms related activity with the CMP for purposes of purchasing from the CMP?

I was interested in purchasing from the CMP and have read on a few sites that a CHL meets the requirement. I wanted to see if anyone knew for sure.

I kinda figured that much too and am not too much in the habit of asking obvious questions. But the CMP site is not super clear, so I thought I would see if anyone has any experience with this requirement.

One of the options to meet the requirement says "Distinguished, Instructor, or Coach status. - Concealed Carry License." It is not really clear (at least to me) what that means. A few other sites I visited suggested it meant a CHL meets the requirement.

There seem to be a lot of people here with a variety of knowledge on all sorts of gun related matters. So, I thought I would reach out to a fellow NWFA brother or sister and see if anyone had better information that what I could glean from the CMP website.

so... if a CHL meets the requirement for the marksmanhip program... the one could order a Garand from them?

$525 for a field grade Garand... hmmmmmm

An Appleseed Shoot meets the requirements.
<broken link removed>
1.Put your name in for rifles offered by CMP (like the M1 Garand). But you must be a member of a CMP-affiliated club. RWVA makes it easy with our low-cost Associate Membership.
2.As a member of RWVA, you may order M14 & M1 Garand repair parts through the CMP. For a current list of parts, call the CMP Civilian Support Detachment at Port Clinton, OH at (888) 267-0796 or (419) 635-2141, or visit Civilian Marksmanship Program.
3.Maintain eligibility to order a Garand every year. As a member of RWVA, you will be eligible to participate each year you are a member.

SBC97281 beat me to it. All you need to do is participate in an Appleseed event, and that meets the requirement for a Garand purchase. That's how I did mine. Not only do you get your marksmanship form for CMP, but you also get some GREAT basic marksmanship training that is totally worth it!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top