JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
2012 Apple Mac Mini
Intel i5 2.5Ghz CPU
16GB 1600Mhz RAM
500 GB HDD
Intel 4000 Graphics
49" Toshiba 1080p "Monitor"
Apple Wireless Trackpad
Logitech K811 BT Keyboard

Nothin' fancy. AMD 8120 8-core processor, 1 TB HDD, 12 GB of RAM, Nvidia GeForce 660, Asus 24" monitor with 144 Hz refresh rate, 700 watt power supply, and I forgot what motherboard I'm using.

NAS is a Synology D-415+ with 4 1TB Samsung SSD's. Holds all my files...all of them. Top two drives are set in a RAID configuration, the bottom two are empty and ready to swap in if needed.

Two laptops, HP Envy 17's with 100GB standard HD's.

CAPS 3 Music server, with two 1TB Samsung SSD's.

Mine doesn't stay cool. Well I mean it's within CPU heat tolerances. There is no water cooling or cryo to cool it.

After spending what I could afford (1200-$1400) on having my last couple PC's built and not getting what I really wanted I built my own this time. I spent a little over a grand and figure it would have cost easily double that pre-built. Toughest part was hitting the start button the 1st time. (holding breath).... NO SPARKS! NO SMOKE! IT'S ALIVE, ALIVE!!! :s0114:

Corsair Carbide 500r case
i7-4790 processor
Asus Z97-a mb
1 T Samsung 850 SSD
2 T WD hdd
Corsair gold 750 Watt psu
Nvidia GeForce gtx 970
16 gb ram
BenQ 27 inch monitor

Last Edited:
Geezus, reading this thread, it's like I've gone to a foreign country and have no clue how to speak or understand the language.

My brother, the "Electronic Engineer" built it. It has more than one fan in it and sounds like a small jet engine down in the the desk. It works for what I need...Getting on line and a little gaming. And I hope it lasts a loooong time, brother and I don't speak anymore.

Geezus, reading this thread, it's like I've gone to a foreign country and have no clue how to speak or understand the language.

My brother, the "Electronic Engineer" built it. It has more than one fan in it and sounds like a small jet engine down in the the desk. It works for what I need...Getting on line and a little gaming. And I hope it lasts a loooong time, brother and I don't speak anymore.
ok well im very good with computers

It works for what I need...Getting on line and a little gaming. And I hope it lasts a loooong time, brother and I don't speak anymore.
Just open it up once twice a year and blow it out with canned air and keep the fan/air vents clear and it'll last a long time. It's amazing how much dust, spider webs, dog/cat hair will get into them.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top